Team Member Additions

The general page for the annual turkey hunting contest. Tons of fun even if you're not on a team.
Gobblerman

Team Member Additions

Postby Gobblerman » March 8th, 2011, 9:08 am

A question has been raised about possibly adding members to the teams if we get enough late-comers that would like to participate.  If we have a "supplemental sign-up" and add team members, in groups of one per team (so we would have to have at least nine supplementals before adding another member to each team), how would you all feel about that? 

Obviously, we would like to let as many members participate in the contest as we can, but I think we should have some reasonable consensus on any changes to what has been established so far.  Opinions please.....

Jim

Timber Chicken

RE: Team Member Additions

Postby Timber Chicken » March 8th, 2011, 9:11 am

I say the more the merrier.
Experience is the best teacher.

SpitnDrum

Postby SpitnDrum » March 8th, 2011, 9:25 am

I brought this question to Jim's attention.I came in late to the forum this year and accually missed sighn up by a few days totally unaware of the contest.I was reluctant to ask since the teams had already been made.If I can get on a team it would be great,if not next year most deffenatly I will have my name in the hat bright and early to help put the pressure on!
Kentucky Briar Jumper

A Kitchen-Dog is never a good rabbit HUNTER!

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 8th, 2011, 9:39 am

jim just a thought there are teams who have members who have not check in maybe we could have a cut off date for checking in and if they don't we can fill in the holes and then go from there finding teams for the rest[:)] wayne

shaman

Postby shaman » March 8th, 2011, 9:59 am

Grizzly's right. We have a no-show on Team #6.  We'd be glad to take SpitnDrum or another substitute.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

dewey

Postby dewey » March 8th, 2011, 10:41 am

ORIGINAL: grizzly

jim just a thought there are teams who have members who have not check in maybe we could have a cut off date for checking in and if they don't we can fill in the holes and then go from there finding teams for the rest[:)] wayne

I agree with Wayne on setting a deadline for the teams that have people that haven't signed in yet. After the deadline has passed then drop them from the team and have a waiting list for new folks to join those existing teams. I personally don't think it will matter since team #4 will win any ways and everyone else will be fighting for second.[:D]

As for adding more teams I don't have a problem with it but we would need to make sure that the teams are finalized by the first turkey hunting season anywhere.

Just my 2 cents.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » March 8th, 2011, 10:51 am

I have no probs with adding, but...seasons are opening up already. Didn't MS just have their youth day? My SC season fully opens on March 15th. We will need to hurry to get them in on time.
South Carolina Low Country

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 8th, 2011, 12:20 pm

I personally don't think it will matter since team #4 will win any ways and everyone else will be fighting for second.
dewey  you know what they say about pride goeth before the fall[:D][:D][:D]wayne

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » March 8th, 2011, 1:00 pm

i'm good w/ whatever you choose to do, we may need another guy as you know, i think ghamlin10 will sign in when he see's posting [ hopefully tonite ], but not sure about the other, so do what you will.....

every gun makes its own tune.....

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 8th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Some hunts have already started, so that may not be a resolvable factor in the decision at this point.  The only way we can replace no-shows is to have enough late-signers to fill all of the no-show spots.  It would not be fair to let one team replace somebody unless all teams with similar situations can do that.  Each team must do what they can to get in touch with their team members and impress upon them that their participation is needed....especially since everybody should have been aware that they were expected to stay with us throughout the contest. 

Here's what I am thinking.....
1)  If we get enough late entries to offset the number of no-shows, then I will sort the "late signers" again by experience and replace the no-shows. 
2)  If a team has multiple no-shows, we will replace them until the number of members on a team is the same.  Then, if we have enough late signers to replace all no-shows, then we will do that next, still keeping the number of members on each team the same.   
3)  Finally, if we have enough additional late signers to replace all no-shows and also add new members to teams such that all teams end up with the same number of members, we will do that.

Since the season has already started in places, late signers are requested not to sign up for this years contest if they have already killed a bird.  I would prefer not to have individuals deciding to sign up after shooting a bird.  Personally, I don't think that would be fair to all the teams....but that is just my opinion. 

Jim

Next

Return to Base Camp