Outdoor News

retranger

Outdoor News

Postby retranger » March 3rd, 2011, 1:21 pm

Hey guys any other New Yorkers get the Outdoor News? Particulary the February issue.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

RE: Outdoor News

Postby grizzly » March 5th, 2011, 12:22 pm

yes sir ,great paper been getting since it went into print if you look back a few issues you'll see a letter i wrote defending fall turkey hunting[:)] wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » March 5th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Wayne I was really amazed at the hunting incident article in there. The stories in there were really rediculous!!!! All (but maybe 1) real dumb mistakes.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 6th, 2011, 1:32 am

Doug the worst part was that the two years before that were the safest on record you have to wonder what going on in some of these guys heads [:)]wayne

retranger

Postby retranger » March 6th, 2011, 5:11 am

Wayne I took the hunting guide and colored the counties where all the incidents happened. Quite a few down your way,,,,are these folks local to your area? My first assignment was in Greene County and I couldn't believe the arrests we made. Coming from up here it was amazing what was going on.[:-] Most of them were folks coming up from the city. One incident we had four guys in a vehicle with loaded guns because they were loaded for them in the city and they didn't know how to unload them!!!![8|][8|]

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 6th, 2011, 5:52 am

the closest was broome county . about 10 years the milk price took an all time low and force a lot of dairy framers out. with that a lot of wood lots and pasture came up for sale .a lot of it ended up in the city guys hands . the wood lot next to me end up being bought by a group of firefighters and i must say they have very good neighbors[:)]wayne

Return to New York