best turkey load for p350.

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
goosegetter

best turkey load for p350.

Postby goosegetter » May 25th, 2010, 2:01 pm

anyone have any experience with what size shot and brand, pattern the best out of a stoeger p350, 24" barrel with the turkey choke that comes with it?? thanks..

allaboutshooting

RE: best turkey load for p350.

Postby allaboutshooting » May 26th, 2010, 5:15 am

ORIGINAL: goosegetter

anyone have any experience with what size shot and brand, pattern the best out of a stoeger p350, 24" barrel with the turkey choke that comes with it?? thanks..

Hey George,

Welcome to the T&TH forum! We look forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you better.

I find that there are several choices that are almost always very good. The 3" Winchester Xtended Range Hi-Density shells or the High Velocity lead loads, both in #6 shot work very well. They are widely available and consistent performers.

The 3" shells from Environ-Metal (Hevi-Shot and Hevi-13) are also excellent choices. The #6 shot is a proven performer but the #7 shot and Magnum Blend shells introduced this year have many supporters.

One of the best things that I've found to do to any gun is to "deep clean" the bore. Even new guns come with fouled bores and that can negatively effect performance.

I'd recommend the article, "Cleaning a Shotgun Barrel" at http://www.allaboutshooting.com and the guidelines you'll find there. It's a simple process but it works.

Again, welcome and my best to you with your Stoeger.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

goosegetter

Postby goosegetter » May 26th, 2010, 2:17 pm

thanks for taking the time to give your input clark, i really apreciate it. I'm definetly going to take your advice into consideration for the fall season. thanks again and good hunting.

goosegetter

Postby goosegetter » March 3rd, 2011, 2:23 pm

Starting to get that turkey fever starting again. gonna start patterning in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anybody else has any advice. thanks

jarheadturkeyhunter

Postby jarheadturkeyhunter » March 6th, 2011, 10:21 am

kicks gobblin thunder choke tubes its all most unfair go to www.kicks-ind.com and follow there recomendations for constriction and shot size ive had really good patterns with winchester supreme copper plated#5's last year thought a bird was about 45 yards away he was actual 54 paces away and still blew him off the creek bank dang near had to swim to get him good luck but your factory choke tube is nowhere near the qualtiy of after market chokes its more about choke and loads than the gun
If you can read this thank a teacher.
If your reading this in english thank a MARINE.

hunter177

Postby hunter177 » June 2nd, 2011, 7:41 pm

I just patterned my new P350 with a 26" barrel. I got fantastic patterns with Hevi-13 3", 2 oz., #6s, 1090 fps. The choke I use is a TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665. This combination gave me 165 pellets in an 8" circle at 40 yards.

Return to Shooting