KY Fall Success

hoosierhunter

KY Fall Success

Postby hoosierhunter » October 13th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Well, I just got back from the Bowling Green area, and am happy to report I'm not gonna have to eat tag soup. I put a hole in two birds this last week with an arrow, but was only able to bring home one. The bird I didn't bring home was dead thoughan and it was my first bow kill. It was a big Jake and I had film him for over 300yds. comin in to fly up to roost. I had the blind ( double bull ) set up at the end of a big round bale of hay real close to the point that they fly up to roost over a river or big creek. I couldn't get the shot on film because the cameraman couldn't get a position on him, and he wasn't going any farther, as he was standing on the other end of the bale getting ready to fly up. He was at 10 ys. and I couldn't have placed the shot any better. The arrow hit some dirt pile right behind him and he was stuck on the shaft for a second but freed himself real quick and jump for a flying takeoff but landed in the water about 15 ft below. By the time I got out of the blind he was going downstream fast with one wing flapping the water. That didn't last more than 2 min. though and I could n't outrun the pace of the stream. I will count him as my first turkey bow kill though regardless of the fact I didn't put a tag on him.
    The second bird was not on film either as it was the last morning of the hunt and I decided to get aggresive and go find em. I did glassing as I went then once I found em Istalked to within 50 yds. and was able to put a tag on a young hen. I much perfer stalking than sitting anyway. Good luck to the rest of you.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
                                                                                                   L.K.LESLIE   

trkyklr

RE: KY Fall Success

Postby trkyklr » October 20th, 2008, 10:35 am

congratulations on your blue grass bird(s)

Stringbender

RE: KY Fall Success

Postby Stringbender » May 24th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Glad  you  had  a  good  hunt.  Taking  a  bird  with  a  bow  is  a  lot  more  exciting  than  a  shotgun  by  far.

Ohio  Co

Return to Kentucky