new york boys

retranger

RE: RE:have you thought about teaming up with a hunter new to the sport

Postby retranger » February 22nd, 2011, 1:36 pm

SpurHuntinHillbilly have you seen the thread below? Take a look at it and scroll down through it before the season.

http://forum.turkeyandturkeyhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=33699
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » February 26th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Hey NY boys! I don't live in your great state but have a camp we rent for the whole month of May. Been hunting up there for about 23 years. Hunt state land in the Cooperstown area. I live in eastern CT I hunt some here, but mostly up there. I usually hear gobbles on my farm here about the 2nd week of March. Looking forward to getting up for some scouting if the  snow ever goes away. Last year was the best year I have ever had. I didn't see many birds all last winter but when spring came birds were everywhere. I never set foot in the woods last year without at least hearing gobbles. I hope it goes that well this season. COME ON MAY!
live to hunt hunt to live

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 27th, 2011, 12:46 am

hi steve  from what i'm seeing the flock numbers are looking pretty good have been seeing a group of 5 toms every morning for the last two months. the next two months are going to crawl[&:] come on may 1st [;)] wayne

turkaholic

Postby turkaholic » February 27th, 2011, 6:59 am

Thanks for the report Wayne. My blood is starting to boil and the wait is always tough. Good thing for web sites like this.
live to hunt hunt to live

retranger

Postby retranger » March 3rd, 2011, 7:28 am

I sure hope it is better than last year. No one up here had a good year. We figure because we had a real warm spell early that by the time the season came in hens were all ready nesting. There were a few gobbling birds the first week but after that nothing. My buddy missed the only bird that we called in. Was the same from everybody I talked to across the whole upper part of the state.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » March 27th, 2011, 4:20 pm

I remember that wrm spell last April..it got way too hot and really screwed everything up for the season--hope we don't have a repeat!

retranger

Postby retranger » March 28th, 2011, 2:42 am

doesn't seem to be that way so far this year. Been down near zero and not above 30 degrees for the last 10 + days.

fightingspurs

RE: new york boys

Postby fightingspurs » March 28th, 2011, 3:24 pm

ORIGINAL: SpurHuntinHillbilly

Stationed down here in GA right now and will be going after em down here come March 26th till May. Hopefully I can bag an Eastern/Osceola Hybrid this year (Live on Ga/Fl border) Then on the plane and headed home to Otsego County on the 3rd of May for a 10 day trip of hunting.

Hey spur were in otsego? Just wondering im from the milford area.
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 28th, 2011, 3:28 pm

ORIGINAL: turkaholic

Hey NY boys! I don't live in your great state but have a camp we rent for the whole month of May. Been hunting up there for about 23 years. Hunt state land in the Cooperstown area. I live in eastern CT I hunt some here, but mostly up there. I usually hear gobbles on my farm here about the 2nd week of March. Looking forward to getting up for some scouting if the  snow ever goes away. Last year was the best year I have ever had. I didn't see many birds all last winter but when spring came birds were everywhere. I never set foot in the woods last year without at least hearing gobbles. I hope it goes that well this season. COME ON MAY!

Good lord does everyone from CT and Mass come here damn ya hunt probly not far from my stomping grounds if you hunt outside cooperstown.. LOL dont you guys have turkeys there......
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Previous

Return to New York