Looking to buy a knight Tk 2000 shotgun

Tips for getting the most from this forum!
Powderhead

Looking to buy a knight Tk 2000 shotgun

Postby Powderhead » February 8th, 2011, 2:03 am

I have been looking at the knight shot gun this winter. For the spring turkey hunt .Is this a good choice ?

Steve_In

RE: Looking to buy a knight Tk 2000 shotgun

Postby Steve_In » February 9th, 2011, 8:02 am

I have no experience with them but I hear good reports about them. The only knock I hear is that crazy second "safety" Knight put on their inlines. If you plan to hunt with any muzzle loader this spring I strongly suggest you get one soon and learn to load and care for it. Do a search for Knight or muzzle loader to see what pops up as I think there are several posts about this shotgun. Sorry I can't be much help with this shotgun but it is just not my style.

Wads
http://circlefly.com/

Real black powder
http://www.mainepowderhouse.com/
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Powderhead

Postby Powderhead » February 14th, 2011, 8:54 am

Thanks .I hunt deer elk and bear with a smoke pole .But here in Idaho we are getting in smoke good turkeys so I want to get a shotgun. I like a little sport in my hunting.So I no longer use new school weapons it is all old school . Thanks

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » February 15th, 2011, 4:06 am

A ML shotgun is a little different than a ML rifle. You may need to play with the wads and powder / shot ratio a little. I use and equal amount of powder to shot BY Volume as a starter. Also Knight is back in business if you want to go new.
Below is a link to October Country in Idaho. Bought some flints and one of their hunting bags, good people to deal with.
http://www.octobercountry.com/index.php
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

moubee

Postby moubee » February 24th, 2011, 8:35 am

'Hello Powderhead. I have a knight tk2000.If you are close to Stillwater, Oklahoma come by and check it out. What I like was the card cutter they threw in so you do not have to keep going back to but cards when you can cut em at home. I'm a .50 cal man myself. I keep promising I'll get it out and try it but never do.

I'll sell it to you for my cost...brand new never been fired...or even had the factory sealer cleaned so it can be fired....if ya are close I'll give ya a keg of powder, horn, and a goodie bag they give you with it.

ljmelea

Postby ljmelea » March 5th, 2011, 3:41 am

not sure how close you are,but the Gem State chapter NWTF will have a sanction Stilltarget Shoot/patterning clinic on March 12 at Gem County Rod and Gun club.gcrgc.org. I will have two tk2000 there for blackpowder division you can look at and try out.Let me know if you plan to come.Larry
good luck

Return to Forum Rules and Help