2011 Spring Lottery Results

charlie elk

2011 Spring Lottery Results

Postby charlie elk » January 27th, 2011, 1:19 pm

MN has done the drawing for 2011 Spring season.  Unfortunately my number was not successful. [&o][X(]
Got a preference point for next year and there are the leftover tags to go after.[;)]
Here is the link to check.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lot ... pring.html
Good Luck Guys and Gals.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

charlie elk

RE: 2011 Spring Lottery Results

Postby charlie elk » January 28th, 2011, 2:17 pm

What the heck I went back to the linked page to check on leftover license availabilty only to discover MNDNR has removed all the lottery results. 
Could not find any results anywhere on their site. 
Perhaps they are redrawing to get charlie a tag.  Wishful thinking. [:-]
later,
charlie

dewey

Postby dewey » January 31st, 2011, 4:50 am

Hey Charlie I went onto the MN DNR website this morning and the results are posted again and I was not drawn for 239C[:@][:@]. Looks like my 2 friends and I are going to be going to another zone for time period C, good thing I have a backup plan already in mind[:D].

Like you said here is the link to the results.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lot ... pring.html

There is also a list of surplus licenses available, see the link below. Surplus licenses go on sale March 14th at 5:00 p.m. for under applied zones and time periods.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/licens ... urplus.pdf

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 31st, 2011, 9:22 am

Wow, MN does not have a lot of leftovers this year.[&:]  Looks like I'll be staying on my side of the river this year.
WI has thousands of leftovers and they only cost $10 each resident and $15 nonres.  Come on over if you get the hankering to do more hunting. [;)]
later,
charlie

dewey

Postby dewey » February 1st, 2011, 6:01 am

I must admit that when I saw your post about $15 for a NR spring turkey hunter I was skeptical but you are correct. So it got me thinking about visiting the Packer state to do some spring time gobbler hunting. I live in Minneapolis so I would probably need to hunt in zone 4 or maybe zone 1 or 3 and since there are a LOT of tags available I am beginning to look into it some more.

I have a couple of questions for you. What is the hunter education age cutoff? The reason I ask is because I was born in November of 1978 and I could not find what the age requirement is to not have to have hunter education.

If you do not mind me asking where do you hunt at Charlie? Would you be interested in taking a lost soul from Minneapolis out with you?[8|] Of course this is all subject to the boss and whether she deems it necessary or not.

Thanks for the information.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 1st, 2011, 3:03 pm

I must admit that when I saw your post about $15 for a NR spring turkey hunter I was skeptical but you are correct

Dewey,
WI licensing system has tags, stamp and license requirements to hunt.  The $15 is the NR tag price you will also need a turkey license $60 and turkey stamp $5.25.  Tags are unlimited until sold out in other words once you have your license your can buy as many tags as you want for each time period you desire where the OTC tags are available.  A hunter can have multiple tags for each time period giving him the opportunity to do doubles, triples and well you get the idea.
If you had entered the drawing your license would have come with a tag included. Licenses bought outside the drawing do not come with a tag, the first tag and all others must be purchased.
Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused.  WI is a very good deal for NR to turkey hunt compared to all other states.
You will need hunter education WI does accept MN training. 

If you do not mind me asking where do you hunt at Charlie? Would you be interested in taking a lost soul from Minneapolis out with you?Image Of course this is all subject to the boss and whether she deems it necessary or not.

Don't mind you asking at all - I hunt all over the state units 1,3, & 4 as many tags & seasons as I can get. If you are asking for GPS coordinates; I don't even mind that question.....  Finding turkeys in WI is not a problem.
Tagging along I can't answer that now due to the tags, time periods and other guests I have committed to already depending on the tags they get... the system here makes planning very tough until the end of March.  Let's stay in touch.
later,
charlie

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 1st, 2011, 3:07 pm

Forgot here is a link to the NR license requirements and fee schedules.
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/cs/nonrestypes.asp
later,
charlie

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » February 3rd, 2011, 12:10 am

Sorry Charlie better luck next year, I think that preference point will help. I think it helped me, I was drawn for week B in zone 348. There is an Archery only WMA there that I will have to myself 99% of the time and it's a Monday - Friday hunt...
Hop the river at LaCrosse & snake down to the WI river parkway lands near Madison for zone 1 week C if all goes well !

Hey thanks WI DNR for not drawing me a tag for the first time in 15 years, now I know why I LOVE SE MN...

PS: Dewy, you can come and find turkeys on public land anywere in WI. Just look at the stat's. In my old stompin' gounds zone 22 ( Tigerton ) before the switch to fewer zones 20,000 + tags per week were available. I agree it's up to the boss at my house as well.
I met someone on this board last season from California, he flew out and stayed in Madison while his wife was taking some tests at UWM. He wanted to bow hunt so we got together; the weather was bad, high winds & rain all week till the last day...
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

dewey

Postby dewey » February 7th, 2011, 6:22 am

I talked to the wife the other night about possibly going to Wisconsin for some springtime fun adn she didn't say yes but she didn't say no. I just need to take a hunter safety course before the licenses go on sale in March.

I am thinking that if I end up going it will be more in the zone 1 or zone 4 areas and I would probably need to stay within about 3-4 hours of Minneapolis.

Charlie or arrows do you guys have any leads that are in zone 1 or 4 and within 3-4 hours of Minneapolis. I am pretty certain that if I go I will tent and go back to use some of my old Eagle scout skills that I learned a while back.

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Dewey

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 7th, 2011, 2:02 pm

Dewey, assume you are thinking one of the later seasons then? 
If you hunt in 4 and want an area within 2 hours of Twin Cities I would recommend getting an arm band permit from Standing Cedars Board and plan to hunt Standing Cedars along the St Croix River.  It is located just south of Osceola.

If you have a boat you can use on the river or a canoe you can slip it in at the Log  Cabin Landing in Marine, MN and paddle across.  A motor boat would give you easy access to public land all up and down the river (about 10 miles worth) that would thousands of acres.   Over the years I have hunted that area a lot and always got my bird. 
The National Park Service office in St Croix Falls, WI can provide you with maps and camping permits.

Very few turkey hunters go into this area.
later,
charlie

Next

Return to Minnesota