Roll Call Spring 2011

DeanoZ

Roll Call Spring 2011

Postby DeanoZ » February 5th, 2011, 11:17 am

Hey all with deer season behind me its time to turn my attention to the birds.  Might be a little early but after last season I'm amped up and ready to take a bird this year.  Plan to go pattern the gun this month, got my eye on another deke and some new mouth calls.  I'll dust off the pot n peg and start playing with that too.  Might scout one new location and am hopeful my usual spots produce...I'm more ready and determined than before, that this year will be the year...3rd times a charm! [;)].  Any body else getting ready? Plans?

kenturkey89

RE: Roll Call Spring 2011

Postby kenturkey89 » February 5th, 2011, 11:56 am

DeanoZ, it is never too early to be ready for turkey season. We don't start here in KY until April 16 (70 more days) but that gives me plenty of time to get a few things done. As soon as March rolls around I'll begin doing some real scouting and getting set-ups set-up on different parts of the farm. I have another farm that I'm allowed to hunt this year so I need to make sure I know that property inside and out. Right now I'm just playing with some of my new calls. I just bought two Woodhaven diaphragm calls that I'm obsessed with and I'm practicing with my pot and box calls as well. When April comes, I'll be doing some hard core scouting, getting up before daylight with my binocs and listening for birds on the roost and trying to figure out some of the travel patterns, which I already have a basic idea of.

Like I said, 70 days seems like a long time, but between visiting this website and scouting, tuning calls, and patterning guns I'm sure I'll keep busy. I am EXTREMELY TIRED of winter and I can't wait for things to green up with 70+ degree spring days!!
Brian

nhtrkybstr

Postby nhtrkybstr » February 6th, 2011, 12:05 am

We have till May 3rd here.....[:@]
After cleaning off my roof, than cleaning off the deck, and walkways, winter can go. I've had enough!
I need turkey season!!!!!!!
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

steveo

Postby steveo » March 10th, 2011, 10:50 am

Ready ! PA first with daughter for youth hunt april 23 then to NJ, looking forward to another great year.....its been a loooooong winter ! good luck & be safe. 

BHC

Postby BHC » April 12th, 2011, 3:21 am

I'm ready to go, just waiting for the season to start

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » April 17th, 2011, 11:37 am

Me too, did some scouting over the weekend, got my spot, hopefully the birds will cooperate on opening day.

BHC

Postby BHC » May 3rd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Went out last friday evening in zone 1, out of all the fields I saw only two birds, so the next morning I went to that field and heard nothing, drove down a few miles gave out a couple of calls and hear a gobble, he gobbled twice for me and twice on his own, then he just shut up, I think he shut up cause I kicked up some deer. I will be back out this Saturday

Return to New Jersey