Man Perserveres For Last Hunt

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
charlie elk

Man Perserveres For Last Hunt

Postby charlie elk » January 24th, 2011, 4:47 am

Matt Lovelace do not worry about your writing skills I thought you did an excellent job describing Keith's passion for the hunt. 
You asked-
"How many of us would have given up the fight?  Would you battle as hard as Keith did for eight years, after having more major surgeries than the body could stand?"

I don't know, not sure any of us really know until we are there. I would like to think I would.  Remembering Keith's story certainly gives me inspiration.
Thank you for sharing.
Bless your entire family.

Best regards,
charlie

Hoytshooter

RE: Man Perserveres For Last Hunt

Postby Hoytshooter » February 1st, 2011, 2:07 pm

Thanks Charlie and Nice to meet you. I still miss my brother in law everyday and its been over a year and a half. He taught me everything I know about Turkey Hunting and I havent seen a deer or heard a turkey Gobble that he dont cross my mind. He was one tough man.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 2nd, 2011, 8:09 am

I am sure you miss him Hoytshooter.  Over the years I have found it strangely reassuring; while hunting; feeling the presence of past hunting buddies, family and those moccasin-ed clad feet that tread the trails before me.  There comes a time when a hunter begins to hunt for those more than game in the bag.

later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » February 2nd, 2011, 11:23 am

Welcome Hoytshooter ,,,,glad to have you among us . Also glad that your story was published and that I had the chance to read it . Fine read for sure .
 I'm truly sorry for your loss . A fine , steady , and consistent hunting companion and friend is scarce .

Hoytshooter

Postby Hoytshooter » February 3rd, 2011, 11:34 am

Well I would just like to say Thank You to Brian for allowing my story to be published, especially something that means so much to me, I actually just got to read the story after others had emailed saying they had already read the article. I really think it is a Super Tribute to a Great Man and I cant wait until my sister gets to read it for herself. I hope to get alot of information and meet some new friends here. Matt

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » February 5th, 2011, 3:45 am

Thank you for letting us run the story, Matt. You told it very well. Magazines are on the way to your sister.

jackay

Postby jackay » February 14th, 2011, 11:11 am

Wow! is all I can say. I am the so very proud wife of Keith Hinton and the sister of the arthor Matt Lovelace.
First, I want to thank you for publishing Matt's story. Even though I am partial to my "baby" brothers writing I think everyone can see that he has talent.
He captured Keith so well with his story. I wish everyone could have known him. He was such an amazing person and I miss him so much. Its strange to but Matt kept asking had I recieved my copy of the magazine and I told him not yet. It being Valentines Day I have cried because Keith always gave me without fell one single rose for 27 years of marriage but today he is not here. But what a wonderful Valentines gift I found when I went to get the mail while at work today and open the box to find your magazine with the story in it!
If I didnt know better I would say that Keith had something to do with the timing! lol
Keith would be so proud of Matt. He always told him one day he would have something published and here it is. Matt I am proud of you and I thank you for writing such a true and wonderful story about Keith that will warm not only my heart but the hearts of our sons Nick and Jordan for years to come.
Once again...thank you all at Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine for this wonderful gift!

Sincerely,
Jackie Hinton

Return to Magazine Feedback