new york boys

grizzly

new york boys

Postby grizzly » January 12th, 2011, 1:10 pm

hey all you new york boys are any of you still out there or have you all froze in the lovely weather we're having haven't seen any of you here lately [:D][:D] wayne

CB on the run

RE: new york boys

Postby CB on the run » January 31st, 2011, 2:05 am

Runnin' beagles.  Minus 2 at 6am this morning.  Went to work.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 31st, 2011, 2:21 am

doing the same brother bunnies and grouse with a little coyote and squirrel hunting to boot .. day off today zero here this morning

NYSuperSportsman

Postby NYSuperSportsman » January 31st, 2011, 12:22 pm

I have been around! I havent been out in the field much with all the snow and the cold temps but you can bet your bum I will be out in late feb looking for deer sheds and turkey sign and I will be out listening and scouting for gobblers come late march. I actually will be hunting for a week in Virginia this year. The week of April 16th. Looking forward to that ! and I will be hunting PA as well! 6 turkey tags hanging on my vest this season!!

grizzly

Postby grizzly » January 31st, 2011, 12:48 pm

good luck on you're hunts nick and be safe[:)] wayne

SpurHuntinHillbilly

Postby SpurHuntinHillbilly » February 3rd, 2011, 7:19 am

Stationed down here in GA right now and will be going after em down here come March 26th till May. Hopefully I can bag an Eastern/Osceola Hybrid this year (Live on Ga/Fl border) Then on the plane and headed home to Otsego County on the 3rd of May for a 10 day trip of hunting.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 22nd, 2011, 1:44 am

well new york boys and girls i haven't heard much from you i was looking back at the old posts to see who are state pro was and to be honest i don't know who it is or was but i did notice a lot of posts from stormshooter who would get things going (i really missing your pms and friendship stormy)[:(]. so i guess it's up to me ok there's 69 days till opening day what are you doing to get ready . working on calling i hope.got some new tactics that going to try . new areas you planning to hunt . how is the turkeys numbers in your area . lets start talking turkey guys  I GOT THE FEVER [&:][&:][&:][:D] wayne 

retranger

Postby retranger » February 22nd, 2011, 7:08 am

I think a lot of the NY boys either hibernate or head south. Thinking of doing that next year. More snow and colder weather than we've had the last few years but not has bad as we used to get. Still much more than I like now. Used to chase the white ghost in the winter but thats a thing of the past now. My hunting partners have faded away and population has taken up much of the old hunting areas so I gave up on my beagles. Another month will get us northern folks out looking.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

grizzly

Postby grizzly » February 22nd, 2011, 8:56 am

yep doug it's been pretty cold and snowy this year but it should start warming up soon i know what you mean about buddies fading away but have you thought about teaming up with a hunter new to the sport there are a few out there looking for help and advice it adds to the fun of getting out there[:)]wayne

retranger

RE:have you thought about teaming up with a hunter new to the sport

Postby retranger » February 22nd, 2011, 1:27 pm

Yes I have. The picture on my profile is one of them, although that is my turkey he got his first the next year. I usually take them out till they get their bird and I mount the tail for them and tell them "that''s how it's done now go get one on your own" Course I will always go hunting with them if they ask. We don't have the population of birds here that you have down your way but they are increasing all the time. They are pretty much woods birds here.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Next

Return to New York