National Rules For Turkey Call Competition

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
Stoner

National Rules For Turkey Call Competition

Postby Stoner » January 10th, 2011, 6:05 am

New to this board, wanted to say hello and ask a question of my fellow call makers.
I have a question for the fellows that have competed at the Nationals and the Midwest turkey call competitions. They state in the rules that the call is to be signed and dated. Do they want the year the call was made or the exact date the call was made (month, day, year)? Also, in the forms package, there was a form for "In Kind Gift" where you can receive membership credit for the call donation at the National Convention and donations made to State or Local Chapters Banquets. They ask for the year of the donation and the amount. What do they want for the amount? Do they want the fair market value of the call or what the call sold for at auction? I tried calling NWTF today, but apparently the office is closed this Monday. Thanks guys. 

Warbird

RE: National Rules For Turkey Call Competition

Postby Warbird » January 10th, 2011, 8:10 am

I may be able to help a little...the date should be when it was made..calls submitted for the upcoming competition have to be made post MARCH 2010 and signed...so make sure you sign it before submitting. I believe..also fair market value is what you would ask for the call if you sold it or what you get for the call on average...Do you have the complete registration and rules forms? I can email you those if you like for both competitions..just send me an email address @ info@warbirdturkeycalls.com

Thanks
Jim
WARBIRD TURKEY CALLS - PREDATOR BY NATURE

Stoner

Postby Stoner » January 10th, 2011, 8:14 am

Jim, thanks for the information. I was going to sign and date a couple calls tonight. I always put the year for the date and not the date it was made. I have a complete application that they sent to me in the mail. Stoner

Warbird

Postby Warbird » January 10th, 2011, 8:21 am

Stoner..I will send you an email address for Nat'l if you ever have any trouble in the future. Also if mailing in..better get in fairly quick..Good Luck!
WARBIRD TURKEY CALLS - PREDATOR BY NATURE

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » January 11th, 2011, 8:51 am

Stoner, welcome!  Fellas, Stoner makes some very fine calls and hopefully he will post some pics of those he is entering--best of luck, we'll be rooting for ya!

Stoner

Postby Stoner » January 18th, 2011, 4:17 am

ORIGINAL: Fargohunt

Stoner, welcome!  Fellas, Stoner makes some very fine calls and hopefully he will post some pics of those he is entering--best of luck, we'll be rooting for ya!

Fargo, thanks for the nice comment. This is the first year that I will enter calls in any competition. Looks like it will be fun. I will be putting the final touches on them tonight.

Return to Call Makers