Settled a score with an old Goobbler

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
eggshell

RE: Settled a score with an old Goobbler

Postby eggshell » December 1st, 2010, 5:13 am

Steve sent me an e-mail later and said the beard was 11 1/2" and those spurs were 1 3/4" long. Those are the second longest I have personally seen and the longest I've been involved with. The others were 2" and attached to the then world record Eastern bird, which I had the honor of checking and verifying weight on, when I worked for ODNR. I've heard claims of others, but when the rule was put to them they wouldn't measure. Oh I know they're out there, but they are more rare than what people claim.

dewey

Postby dewey » December 1st, 2010, 7:51 am

ORIGINAL: eggshell

Steve sent me an e-mail later and said the beard was 11 1/2" and those spurs were 1 3/4" long. Those are the second longest I have personally seen and the longest I've been involved with. The others were 2" and attached to the then world record Eastern bird, which I had the honor of checking and verifying weight on, when I worked for ODNR.

With that beard and those spurs that is truly a AWESOME tom and congratulations to your friend again.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » December 6th, 2010, 10:28 am

good woodsmanship...great spurs ....
Break em at Night...Back at light

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting