Curlys first Solo Kill

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
turkeydoghunter

Curlys first Solo Kill

Postby turkeydoghunter » November 30th, 2010, 2:59 pm

On the last day of the PA season in lake effect snow and 30 mph wind we found ,,,excuse me my puppy 6 1/2 month old curly found some big long beards and scattered them... i picked a great set up i was hunting in the mountians and found a nice bench to call from,,,, hunting with good friend Tom Zerby....i was calling on my turkey dog trumpet and a mouth call doing mostly gobbler clucks and gobbler yelps i could tell by the tracks they were long beards... after about 40 mins tom says he hammered you!!! i didnt hear it...he said he gobbled!!! i said well hes gonna sneak in and cluck... dont blow it ....sure as the world he dose it... CLUCK....i shift my gun in the direction of the cluck ...he clucks twice more i see him he steps behind a huge hemlock Pine, i shoulder my gun and,smoke him at 15 paces ...what a hunt curlys first solo ,last day kill , and in the snow to Boot.....Image

Break em at Night...Back at light

shad309

RE: Curlys first Solo Kill

Postby shad309 » November 30th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Nice bird and pup!

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » November 30th, 2010, 5:34 pm

for me to be able to hunt with a turkey dog would be a hunt of a lifetime, bird or not. im glad u enjoyed ur hunt and ur dog. give him a good pettin for me [;)]

congrats
Alex

BigBuckeye

Postby BigBuckeye » December 1st, 2010, 5:02 am

Congrats on a great hunt and training session for the puppy!!
Great bird!
I can't get any sleep!!!

Arnie

Return to Fall Hunting