RE: Share Photos of Fall 2010 Hunts

Postby Turkeybuster » October 16th, 2010, 2:56 am

Congrats. on the jake good job.
Jon
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » October 16th, 2010, 9:55 am

Picture of Tim Bullock - NC, Marlin Watkins - Ohio, Jeff McKamey - TN and Cutter with their Ohio turkey's

Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

thunderchicken

Postby thunderchicken » October 17th, 2010, 3:16 am

decided to sleep in this morning ( the sound of pouring rain and the 4 am wake ups had something to do with my decision) cleaned the house and and got some laundry started, but the thought of not getting out and chasing some turkeys on the last day of my vacation was too much to bare , so I grabbed the rain gear and off I went! First spot I hit there was a longbeard and 2 hens feeding in a small pasture! The hunt was on. After making a loop around the pasture I could not spot the birds because they were down over the rise in the pasture. I moved downhill to the bottom of the pasture and tried to call them down but they had nothing to do with that so I moved back up the hill to try and get a fix on their position but could not see them. As I rounded the corner the 2 hens came out of the field and walked right in front of me but I passed on the shot because I wanted that gobbler! That was the last I saw of them.

Got a call from a GOOD friend and he said he has a visual of several birds feeding in a green field. ON MY WAY! After a quick rundown of the layout of the land the hunt was on! I made my way down a small tote road and came upon the group just inside the woodline! They just stood there looking and I tried a couple of clucks but they made no move towards me, so I decided to try the traditional fall tactic and ran straight at them to try and bust them up! It worked and the hunt was on again. I stayed put and made 1 series of the KEE KEE and got an instant response! Sat down and that jake came running right to me!

It was a great hunt! Time to deer hunt!

Impatience is hard to ignore, but patience puts the bird in the truck!

mark hay

Postby mark hay » October 17th, 2010, 7:23 am

Heart thumpin' action indeed . Congrats !

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » October 17th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Congrats. on a good hunt rainy days can be very good in the turkey woods.
Hope you didn,t get as wet as that turkey!
Jon [:D]
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » October 27th, 2010, 12:01 am

Congrats on a fine fall gobbler!
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » October 27th, 2010, 4:45 am

Congrats. that is a nice bird.
Jon
Turkeybuster

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » November 15th, 2010, 12:36 pm

I only had s short time I could hunt today, it was too nice outside to work in the shop all day. I grabbed my gun and vest and headed to the woods to see if I could get even with that flock that bombed my truck. As I parked and was getting my stuff ready I thought I heard a hen yelp, listened but didn't hear it again. Grabbed my gun and headed up the ridge to where I set up the last time I was there. I grabbed the Gibson and cut loose with some deep yelps, a hen answered back, grabbed Marks brass liar and ran a couple of kee kee's and soft clucks, she answered back again. I could hear the leaves crunchin as she was making her way over the ridge top. A couple more clucks and she went wild, she never shut up the whole time she came down that ridge, until she met Mr. Remington. She is 12.8# and will make a great meal at deer camp next week. The hunt was short, 19 min from when I left the truck until I got back to it, some days you just get lucky.

WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mark hay

Postby mark hay » November 15th, 2010, 1:37 pm

And a great big CONGRATS.! Thankfully , I've already removed my hat .

That ol' girl must be distant kin to the girls that came in vocal and on the trot for me on opening day .

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!