Test Call

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

Test Call

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 15th, 2010, 2:00 pm

I did this one for a test to see how much the pic effects the performance of the call. I've done them with pics on a glass and alum. soundboards, but have never tried it on a wood soundboard. I'm curious to see how much it'll change the sound of it? I'm guessing it'll tone the rasp down a bit, but who knows?

WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Turkeybuster

RE: Test Call

Postby Turkeybuster » August 16th, 2010, 3:24 pm

That is sharp Scott let us know how it turns out,nice job.
Jon
Turkeybuster

shad309

Postby shad309 » August 17th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Honestly, I can't tell that it effects the sound that much. I get plenty of rasp out of mine. If I hit it with purpleheart it still gets a high pitch too. It's not as raspy as glass on glass but it sure has plenty of hen in it!!!

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 19th, 2010, 11:33 am

Well I got it surfaced and ran a bunch of different strikers over it. I thought it changed it a lot, it took that nasty boss hen sound completely out and made it a young hen sounding call. It still has the high pitch, but a smooth brake in the roll over and took the pop I was getting out, and it softened the rasp a lot, there is still good rasp in it but it's a lot smoother rasp then the chattery rasp of an old hen. Tree talk is sweet in it, cutts are good n loud but it doesn't have the raspy cutt. It'll make a good fall call being it's a young hen sound and not an old raspy boss hen.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » August 19th, 2010, 4:33 pm

I didn't think it would affect it that much but I am not a call maker. At least you didn't loose it that is a nice looking call.
Jon
Turkeybuster

Return to Call Makers