Conclusion: Sour Grapes

In this interactive feature, Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20+ years of turkey hunting, asking "What would you do?"
Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » July 28th, 2010, 4:02 am

In "Decision Time," Editor Brian Lovett shares a scenario from his 20-plus years hunting turkeys. Each hinges on a critical decision. Post what choice you would have made, then see how things actually turned out.

I would have stayed by the fence all morning, waiting for that longbeard to lose his hen and get lonely. My buddy, however, had experienced enough.

"Let's go back and slip around the woods to see if we can get on him again or find those other turkeys," he said.

So off we went -- and struck out. I'd forgotten something at our original fence-line setup, so we hoofed back there before quitting. Feel free to write the story from here. As my buddy and I topped a small rise, a brilliant white head popped up to greet us. Astonishment turned to curses as the gobbler sprinted under the fence and took flight into the woods. Sure enough, during the 90 minutes we'd been gone, the gobbler had gotten lonely and marched in.

"Agh!" my friend said. "Isn't that just the way it always goes?"

No, not always -- at least if your cranial capacity is larger than a grape.

What decision did you make?

Click here to return to the scenario.

Click here to get Season 4 of Deer & Deer Hunting TV!

Bobbyparks

RE: Conclusion: Sour Grapes

Postby Bobbyparks » July 30th, 2010, 10:27 am

Yep, that sounds like something that would happen to me.
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Return to Decision Time