New Paddle Call(Sound File)

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
NO BULL CUSTOM CALLS

New Paddle Call(Sound File)

Postby NO BULL CUSTOM CALLS » July 26th, 2010, 10:30 am

rsmithpa

RE: New Paddle Call(Sound File)

Postby rsmithpa » July 26th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Tim, That is a great combo of wood and the sound file backs that up.  Great job!
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 26th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Yes sir that one will reach out there. [;)]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » July 27th, 2010, 9:57 am

Wow you made a gobbler sound out of a box call?  You ought to put that on youtube so I can see how that was done.

By the way, that is a nice looking call.

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » July 27th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Bryan,

Remarkably, one can make a gobble on a box call fairly easily, but I didn't know this until I started making calls. To get the right tone and 'warble' if you will, requires certain wood combos, I find the best woods to be a little softer so the paddle and sound rails drag a bit more--this way they also produce a deeper tone and pitch. The best way is to hold the call so the handle of the paddle is sticking up straight in the air and the top of the paddle is facing you. Then hold the bottom of the box with your left hand and lightly hold the paddle between your first two fingers of your right hand--start with the paddle pinched tight against the sound rails and quickly 'break' the call across the sound rails to start the gobble and think of how a real gobbler sounds when he lets a holler go--they sound crisp and sharp at the start and then we hear that all too familiar rumbling gobble. Play with it and I know you get it--it really works as another tool in our bag of tricks to convince a wise tom who may be hung up that someone else is really out there trying to steal his girl[:D] Never hurts to try.

Return to Call Makers