Buster Scott & Lee Campbell Memorial Calls

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

Buster Scott & Lee Campbell Memorial Calls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 16th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Did these two calls for Shad. Both are Cherry, Crystal over Glass. Hope you like them Shad. [:D]

WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

shad309

RE: Buster Scott & Lee Campbell Memorial Calls

Postby shad309 » July 16th, 2010, 12:26 pm

I couldn't be happier seeing these!!! You don't know how much these mean to me.
I know that when they are revealed to my family there will be some tears shed.

Thank you again for working with me on these.

Photo taken in 1956
The tall man on the left is my Great Uncle Buster Scott. He was a one of a kind man. I remember staying at his 2 room shack in the middle of nowhere Snowball, Arkansas. His house is at the end of the road and borders the Buffalo National River. My family owned the majority of the land on the river in Searcy County Arkansas. It was taken by order of Pres Nixon in the 70's. They gave "fair market value" to the families and stole their homes. My Great Grandfather's family was removed at gunpoint by the National Guard when they wouldn't leave their home.

The man on the right was my Grandpa Lee Campbell. He taught me all he could about hunting, fishing, & country living before he died in the late 80's. He was a very respected man and will always be missed by his friends and family. He died doing what he loved. He was fishing on the White River for trout at Buffalo City, AR. The waters from the damn got to be too much and his anchor snagged. He was thrown from the boat and was last seen by my Uncle & Aunt as they made it safely to shore. He was hanging onto a fuel tank as he floated down the river. It was a sad day for the Campbell family.

One of these calls will be with me every trip I make into the woods from now on. The other will be put up for a family auction at our family reunion. The money from that will be placed towards paying taxes and upkeep on the remaining farm land that still belongs to our family. I expect this to be the treasure of the auction.

Through your work, my Grandpa & Great Uncle will again get to hunt with me and on their beloved land.

Thank you again!
Shad Arington

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » July 16th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Scott, Great work by you and the story told by Shad about the individuals in those calls was remarkable.  Thanks for sharing that story.
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » July 16th, 2010, 1:57 pm

That is quite a story Shad very interesting to say the least. The calls are outstanding and will become family heirlooms. Congrats. to you Shad on the calls.
Scott you did a beautiful job on those calls they are special.
Jon
Turkeybuster

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 16th, 2010, 3:07 pm

That is a remarkable story Shad. Thank You for letting me do those for you. I'm glad you approved of the way they turned out, and I hope your family enjoys them also.

Thanks again Scott
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Swampgobbler

Postby Swampgobbler » July 16th, 2010, 11:25 pm

great story to go along with some great calls...... darn federal government  [;)]

Return to Call Makers