2010 Missouri Turkey Season in Review

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Chaz Lyle

2010 Missouri Turkey Season in Review

Postby Chaz Lyle » June 9th, 2010, 9:29 am

I'm going to apologize for this post being so late, but I'm new to this forum as i just discovered it a couple of days ago. Hope you guys enjoy!!

The 2010 turkey season turned out to be the best I've had so far despite only getting to hunt 15 of the 21 days this season. Pre-season scouting showed lots of promise with any of almost forty birds to choose from between my farms and my roommates farms, but once the opening day whistle blows we all know the drill. Two farms that were full of birds never even got hunted due to heavy hunting pressure from others who had secured permission as well. They seem to go underground and it's tough to buy a bird. The first ten days of the season were plagued by hens, but we still managed a few birds. Overall, I called in or videoed 13 birds being killed and chased twice that many. 2010 marked my best spring by the sheer number of kills, but also by the people I got to see pull the trigger. I was blessed enough to watch my Dad get to go hunting for the first time in 5 years and kill a turkey, as well as call in my girlfriends first turkey for her. I watched my uncle and his son pick out two of four birds I called in for them to kill an opening day double which was the first for either of them as well as calling in two different pairs of turkeys for my twin cousins in which they filled their Missouri limits shooting doubles. Myself and my roommates pulled a triple-team effort on a gobbler starting at 12:35 in which the turkey was killed with 5 minutes of legal shooting time left in the day, and finally I got to shoot a backdoor double with my best friend. I hope you all enjoy!

Chaz

A youth season double that was interesting to say the least, but we were lucky enough to get it all on video!

Glade and Kody's opening day double.

Went on a four day drought brought about by some very rude hens until I caught up with this bird on the 6th day of the season.

The next few days turned out to be smokers as myself, my girlfriend, and my Dad took three birds three days in a row that I hunted.

shad309

RE: 2010 Missouri Turkey Season in Review

Postby shad309 » June 9th, 2010, 10:20 am

Nice birds! Glad you had a great season and welcome

rsmithpa

RE: 2010 Missouri Turkey Season in Review

Postby rsmithpa » June 15th, 2010, 2:08 am

Congrats and you will like this site!
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!