No Luck or Bad Luck

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
WillowRidgeCalls

No Luck or Bad Luck

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 8th, 2009, 7:51 am

Was out this morning, just a bit cool at 20 degree. The birds were active though, I had a good bunch coming up the field headed right at me. I counted 17 in the flock I know there were a couple of nice toms with them. They worked their way to within about 70 yards, until some nut on a snowmobile came roaring across the field right at them and sent them flying back into the woods. After I stood up he turned around and tore back acorss the field [:@]. I saw the farmer run out the shed and jump in his truck and go after him. There is only about 3 inches of snow and that is a newly seed hay field he was treaspassing on, so I bet he got an ear full. Oh well tomorrow another day [8|].
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mark hay

RE: No Luck or Bad Luck

Postby mark hay » December 8th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Da' Gummit[:@][:@][:@]!!!

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » December 8th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Hate to hear that, good luck on your next hunt.

Duke0002

Postby Duke0002 » December 8th, 2009, 4:45 pm

Hope you can get on 'em again.

Reminds me of this spring when son was hunting a hayfield and two 4-wheelers came driving up to look at his decoys!

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » December 11th, 2009, 5:21 am

I never thought a snowmobile would wreck a turkey hunt.  The snowmobliers around think they can run anywhere. 
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » December 11th, 2009, 7:49 am

What's the limit on snowmobiles?

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » December 19th, 2009, 2:03 pm

ORIGINAL: WillowRidgeCalls

Was out this morning, just a bit cool at 20 degree. The birds were active though, I had a good bunch coming up the field headed right at me. I counted 17 in the flock I know there were a couple of nice toms with them. They worked their way to within about 70 yards, until some nut on a snowmobile came roaring across the field right at them and sent them flying back into the woods. After I stood up he turned around and tore back acorss the field [:@]. I saw the farmer run out the shed and jump in his truck and go after him. There is only about 3 inches of snow and that is a newly seed hay field he was treaspassing on, so I bet he got an ear full. Oh well tomorrow another day [8|].
  sounds like that dude on the snowmobile needs his butt whooped...i would have set up in the woods the birds flew into the snowmobiler like a dog probably scattered them you might have been able to call one in ....ron
Break em at Night...Back at light

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 19th, 2009, 6:13 pm

When they flew off they all went together, and it's a piece of property I can't hunt [:@]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

mark hay

Postby mark hay » December 20th, 2009, 1:49 am

ORIGINAL: Cut N Run

What's the limit on snowmobiles?

Jim

There is no limit, though they must be tagged . The tags come with a box of turkey shells (all brands). Just tear off the cardboard flap and fill out. The tag must be filled out with a permanent black marker in this manner :

'' go home and tell your friends what happened to your machine because of trespassing and disturbing my hunt''

This applies to snowmobiles , 4 wheelers and dirt bikes .

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » December 20th, 2009, 3:48 am

dont worry fellers i know how you feel, i was callin in some turkeys when the guy that bow hunts on our land and he drove in to put some bait down or somthing and he done scared them off.[:(]
Alex

Next

Return to Fall Hunting