2011 regs the same

Treerooster

2011 regs the same

Postby Treerooster » June 6th, 2010, 3:03 am

Looks like the Wis 2011 season will be pretty much the same. The 2010 small game regs are out and the 2011 spring turkey regs are in there. Pages 17 to 20.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wil ... /index.htm

Also dogs will be allowed in the fall statewide for 2010. I think anyways. I found it in the "Whats New" part of the regs but not in the turkey regs.

charlie elk

RE: 2011 regs the same

Postby charlie elk » June 6th, 2010, 1:49 pm

They are only a week late this year.[;)]
You are right dogs are allowed statewide this year and I am planning some hunts using dogs. That will be a new experience for me.
Do you get up here for the fall hunt? 
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 6th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Yes I'll be in Wis in Oct/Nov. [:)]

Been going to Wis in Oct since 1985 and I ain't stoppin now. [;)]

I really go for the ruffed grouse with my GWP's. I also hunt ducks, woodcock, turkeys, and bowhunt for deer, but its the grouse I love. I have a log cabin there now, built it about 6 years ago.

I'm not too serious about the fall turkey hunt and don't have turkey dogs. But I get out after em now and then.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 7th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Sounds good.  What area is your cabin in?
I moved from MN to WI about a decade ago and have never regretted it.

Use to make an annual trip to CO for the elk bow season.  Now that I am thinking about that I really should reinstate that tradition. [:)]
There are some similarities to elk & turkey hunting.
later,
charlie

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 9th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Charlie my cabin is in Price county and I hunt zone 4 in Wis.

I don't elk hunt anymore, although I used to bow & muzzleload for them years ago. I'm just a bird hunter I guess.

You should consider the ML season for elk in CO. You would need pref points for a bull though. ML season is just a great time of year to be after elk in the mountains. During the rut too.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 15th, 2010, 10:49 am

Treerootster,
Beautiful part of the state to have your cabin.  I assume you are hunting northern part of 4.  I hunt the southern border.  Like you I find I am bird hunting more and more.  Mostly the turkey because they outnumber all the other game birds and a just plain a blast to chase spring and fall. 
When I got turkey hooked while hunting in the spring I always said it is a good thing turkeys are spring hunted because if they ever started fall hunting; I would not what to hunt deer or turkey.
Now to me after reading Steve Hickoff's fall turkey hunting book and learning to kill a fall turkey on purpose rather than incidental to another hunt; turkey hooked doesn't began to describe it.

My elk hunts to Co took place in the Rout National Forest we did quite well.  Never ML hunted for them but have thought about it from time to time. 
later,
charlie

Return to Wisconsin