IT TOOK TWO WEEKS BUT I GOT HIM,MY 1ST OF THE YEAR!

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
Alabama Black Snake

IT TOOK TWO WEEKS BUT I GOT HIM,MY 1ST OF THE YEAR!

Postby Alabama Black Snake » June 3rd, 2010, 1:04 pm

I got on this bird with my 5 year old the day before but he wouldn't come out in to the field.He walked and gobbled in the woods until my son got bored and and said "daddy I'm ready to go".I tried to get him to change his mind I even told him you know I'm going to come back tomorrow and kill that bird.He said that's fine he wanted to go home.Now we had already seen 7 birds and 2 raccoons.I loaded him up and left....[:(]
I get there the next morning and get to the area of the farm that the birds were using and set up.
I hear a series of gobbles in the distance and I hope its the bird that would hush the day before.After 45 minutes and no sign of this guy coming in I decided to pick up and go closer to him(without getting busted).
I get set up and he is going crazy on the power line across the field.I started working him and he started to come off the power line down the ridge,across t he creek,across the 200-250 yard wide field,under a fence, across the two track,and then I lost him until he gobbled 7 or 8 feet to my left.
UH_OH!!!!!!!No dekes, no blind, and cant move.So what did I do i ,moved and he Putted and I cut until he settled back down enough to come back in to range.

22Lbs.,11 3/16" beard,and 1/2 inch spurs

Charles Eric Miller

mark hay

RE: IT TOOK TWO WEEKS BUT I GOT HIM,MY 1ST OF THE YEAR!

Postby mark hay » June 3rd, 2010, 1:53 pm

Well done feller ,,,,,that's a great hunt . Da'gum fine !
 Thanks for posting.

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » June 3rd, 2010, 2:19 pm

Congrats. Snake that's a fine Alabama bird ya called him over a lot of obsticles good job.
Jon
Turkeybuster

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » June 4th, 2010, 4:46 am

nice looking bird, congrats

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!