Last kick at the can

roughrider123

Last kick at the can

Postby roughrider123 » May 31st, 2010, 3:09 pm

Got out thursday the 27th at opening day spot. The area has food plots so i figured I would try the field game. Got a bird to answer a crow call at daybreak and set up 100yds across the field with a decoy. Tried the crow again after settling in and he's straight across from me. Probably the same bird from opener I'm guessing and he's heard it all by now. I tried some soft clucking and the hen's chimed right in, thats frigging great. Got the hen's pissed enough that another gobbler lets out one gobble in response to them. They all shut up after a few minutes and fly down at 6am, headed into the thick woods. Gobblers never answered me. Game over at 7am. Not running today as it was gonna be hot real quick.

Till next year,

roughrider out.

MAK

RE: Last kick at the can

Postby MAK » June 1st, 2010, 4:30 am

Same for me - Saturday heard one hen fly down, Monday had 2 hens fly down and feed around me from 530 to 715 - every time they'd move away I'd sweet talk them back to the area.

No gobbling last 2 weeks - Buddies hunted nearby farms and had 'activity' every time out, go figure!

Twas a great season anyway - now to catch up on sleep and chores! 
MAK

Turkeybuster

RE: Last kick at the can

Postby Turkeybuster » June 1st, 2010, 5:45 pm

It isn't the first time I took the last kick at the can it didn't work out too good so I shot the can.
I can't wait for the fall season to roll around!
However I had the best spring season I ever had.
Jon [;)]
Turkeybuster

Return to Pennsylvania