I got the February 2010 issue

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
FireFly908

I got the February 2010 issue

Postby FireFly908 » December 5th, 2009, 5:54 am

As already stated in the subject, I got my February issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine and really enjoyed it. I'm not done with it yet, but what I have already read is very good.
There are two very good articles that are somewhat contradictive of each other. The article "Busted" by Greg Lobas takes a relaxed look at turkey hunting that is very funny. He really has a sense of humor that I like. He also makes turkey hunting look like fun. Jim Spencer's article, "Yarak" is a very serious look at turkey hunting and he makes it look more like a job. He expects a lot of flak about his approach and probably will have some nay sayers, but he will also have a lot of people that agree with him, even if they won't admit it. These are the type of people that have to get their turkey to even have fun. I would be willing to bet that there are more like this than the previous article.
In case you can't tell yet, I'm more in Greg Lobas' camp, but it's everybody to their own thing and I would not criticize Jim Spencer's followers. I have a lot of fun turkey hunting just like everybody else, but in my own way.
It would be interesting for me to see which article tickles the fancy of everybody else. Above all, though, I don't want this to start a debate. There is no right or wrong here! Just give me your opinion. please!
Have fun turkey hunting everybody!

Pressured Gobblers

RE: I got the February 2010 issue

Postby Pressured Gobblers » December 7th, 2009, 7:52 am

Yea... I kinda got the feeling that article may have had something to do with the post I started back in April about Casada [:o]
"public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya"

FireFly908

Postby FireFly908 » December 8th, 2009, 3:50 am

ORIGINAL: Pressured Gobblers

Yea... I kinda got the feeling that article may have had something to do with the post I started back in April about Casada [:o]

I guess I missed it!  Is it still on the board somewhere?  I'd like to see it.

Pressured Gobblers

Postby Pressured Gobblers » December 8th, 2009, 3:34 pm

Yea... Look down 10 post and read "casada's article rubed me the wrong way "

Not trying to dig up old post hear!!! so lets not climb that mountain again...
"public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya"

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » December 14th, 2009, 5:23 pm

Smiled as I read Busted. Been there many times and will be there again. At least sure hope so.

jedipastorken

Postby jedipastorken » January 3rd, 2010, 3:58 pm

I've really enjoyed the different styles of writing.  There is definitely different ways at looking at the same experience for sure!

One thing that I noticed was the pictures in this issue.  I think it was the first issue of any magazine (at least that I noticed it) that everyone looked like regular everyday folks.  Mix matched camo styles, ragged ball caps and holes in gloves.  It is the little things that make a big difference.

Return to Magazine Feedback