Right time to run n' gun /move?

Ask questions of and offer advice to fellow turkey hunters
DeanoZ

RE: Right time to run n' gun /move?

Postby DeanoZ » May 25th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Jim and Joe, thanks for the feedback...great stuff and precisely the level of detail I was looking for.  It's difficult, especially for newbs like me to get the proper perspective when an experienced hunter talks about "covering ground" or "elevating a series of calls" unless some uses words such as "deliberately and carefully" or "listen for 15-30 seconds and then move on to the next level".  Granted there are no absolutes in this game...but the perspective helps for sure...thanks fellas!

JPH

Postby JPH » May 26th, 2010, 3:28 am

Jim, I'm really not setting you up. It is no wonder you hear the question often. When you do decide to write a book, I want one of the first copies.

Deano, I'm glad it helps. As I indicated above, its kind of like group therapy. Its not good to keep this stuff bottled up.

Just bear in mind (at least when you read my stuff) that it all seems so simple from in front of a laptop. Kind of like my voice owl hoot. It sounds really good in a small room or the cab of my truck but once I'm out at first light, it's not so easy. Tactics are much the same. Don't feel bad if you don't feel like a steely eyed frontiersman with a sixth sense for reading turkeys minds while you are out there. Neither do I!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » May 29th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Both of ya should write a book...I promise I'll be among the first in line to purchase![:D]

Previous

Return to Strategies