Success in Michigan

How was your last hunt? Let's see!
GBLRGTR

Success in Michigan

Postby GBLRGTR » May 24th, 2010, 10:47 am

We had a great early season.

Here's a photo of my son's and I. We had a very succesfull hunt the first two days of the Michigan season. My son on the left and I doubled and my oldest boy harvested his bird the next morning.

Left to right - 19lbs. 10 1/2" beard 1 5/16" spurs 21lbs. 10 5/8" beard 1 3/8" spurs 19lbs. 11 1/8" beard 1 1/4" spurs

steveo

RE: Success in Michigan

Postby steveo » May 24th, 2010, 11:25 am

WOW ! I would say you had a great season, nice to see the kids involved that makes it even better !!!!! look at the smiles it says it all, may you have more to come.

GBLRGTR

Postby GBLRGTR » May 24th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Thanks Steveo!!

They have been hunting with me since they were three years old!! They already have a collection of beards and spurs!!

Taking kids is what it is all about. My friends and I work very hard to insure kids geta chance to hunt.

Thanks again for the compliments. Did I see on the other thread you were also successful?

I still have two guys to help get birds this week. Can't get enough!!

GG
Patriot for America

Take a kid hunting!

NWTF - Livingston County Longbeards Charter Member
DU - Member

steveo

Postby steveo » May 25th, 2010, 2:07 am

Yes I was ,ended up with two nice birds my best spurs to date @ 1 1/2", this year was the first my daughter was able to go with me so we hunted the youth day....she plays softball so she has limited time with school and ball...anyway opening morning found us with gobbling birds all around us. We had a jake come in right away but she wanted to wait for a longbeard.....well had three big boys behind us in a field strutting and gobbling for 3hrs but happy with the hens they already had so ended the day no gobbler but a fun day anyway !!!!! probably heard 1000 gobbles from those birds......she was spinning inside the blind @ every gobble !!!LOL fun stuff.   

GBLRGTR

Postby GBLRGTR » May 25th, 2010, 8:18 am

Too funny!![:D] I have been there and it is exicting and frustrating at the same time. The key point here is you took your daughter and she enjoyed, and without harvesting a bird that says volumes. Congratulations on your birds. Nice spurs on the one, a limbhanger for sure!!  
Patriot for America

Take a kid hunting!

DU - Member

frzntundra4

Postby frzntundra4 » May 25th, 2010, 10:56 am

Super cool picture with the sons and birds. That will be one people will enjoy for decades to come.

I am looking at going to Michigan in the future, my wife's got a relative in/near Iron River that has 160 acres, may try to scout it out and see if its got turks, later this summer.

GBLRGTR

Postby GBLRGTR » May 25th, 2010, 12:13 pm

FTD4,

Thanks

The U.P. of Michigan is loaded with birds and has very little hunting pressure. There is always an abudance of left over tags. I have a friend who lives up there and is successful every spring. You should have no problem finding the birds and getting a chance to harvest one. Beautiful country.
Patriot for America

Take a kid hunting!

DU - Member

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » May 26th, 2010, 3:51 am

Great picture, congratulation. 
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

GBLRGTR

Postby GBLRGTR » May 28th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Steve_In,

My boys and I thank you!

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 31st, 2010, 4:35 pm

Congrats to you and your boys! All three had some nice spurs as well. Cant wait to take my kids out, about another year for me though.

Next

Return to Photo Gallery • Post your hunting photos!