Custom Calls For Sale

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
Bryan78

Custom Calls For Sale

Postby Bryan78 » May 10th, 2010, 2:13 pm

I want to start giving custom call builders a better look when purchasing new calls so I am just curious on how many here who make their own calls make any to sell?  I know Hoosier Hunter does since I have bought one of his calls and looking to buy another. 

Kawboy888

RE: Custom Calls For Sale

Postby Kawboy888 » May 10th, 2010, 7:45 pm

Hello Bryan. I am one of the custom call makers. Woodworking is my business and what I do for a living. I specialize in figured wood, exotics and burl for my calls, which makes my calls pretty expensive compared to many others. My equipment right now is set up for short box, long box and pot calls. In July I will get back to turning trumpet yelpers and making scratch boxes and push pull yelpers.

My prices start at $40 for basic domestic wood like black walnut and cherry, and go up to over $400 depending on the burl type, amount of carving and or woodburning done.

If you're interested in more information, send me a pm with your price range and type of call wanted along with your email address. I respond with pictures and can give you an estimate on how long you have to wait.

Rich
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Bryan78

RE: Custom Calls For Sale

Postby Bryan78 » May 11th, 2010, 4:37 am

Thanks Rich.

Return to Call Makers