2011 out of state hunt

Planning a guided turkey hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
firelt72

2011 out of state hunt

Postby firelt72 » May 2nd, 2010, 4:09 pm

I am planning an out of state hunt for 2011- starting my search now.
What I am needing is some ideas on guide service. I am not looking for cheapest, but the best value. I have hunted MO with Arrowmaster and had a good time and it was a great value.

After talking with a couple of buddies of mine we want to head somewhere with a different spiecies of turkey we can't kill here in Indiana. My thoughts are SD, NE, KS, OK and TE. If you know of a great service and have the experiences there please feel free to forward that to me. We are open to semi-guided, no guide public hunts and fully guided.... Thank you in advance.

My email is ffmed74@sbcglobal.com or you can post here or PM me.
Be safe!
Eric
Local 4416 Hamilton County Fire Fighters
If it is bleeding or on fire I can usually fix it; Other than that we might be in trouble....

mmichelli

RE: 2011 out of state hunt

Postby mmichelli » May 4th, 2010, 11:32 pm

I just finished a merriams hunt in Stuart NE with D&E outfitters. I did it alone coming from LA.  They run unguided and guided hunts, I opted for unguided. They basically showed me a property and let me have at it. I had a 2 and 3 yr. old by mid-day of my first hunt. They offered me a third bird and I got a nice 4 yr old double beard around noon of the second day. It was basically everthing they promised on their website and through talking with them. My only regret was not having a hunting companion (though I made some friends in town, really nice people there). If you google nebraska turkey hunting, it will be on the first page. Good luck.

firelt72

Postby firelt72 » May 5th, 2010, 6:51 am

Sounds like a great place. the website was informative also. They are a definite possibility. Thanks and congrats on the great birds!
Eric
Local 4416 Hamilton County Fire Fighters
If it is bleeding or on fire I can usually fix it; Other than that we might be in trouble....

Crappiepro

Postby Crappiepro » May 8th, 2010, 2:51 pm

Keep askin the question FireIt72, Im planning a trip there too. I will keep taking notes. So far it sounds like Public land wont be to bad, cheaper too.Thats what Ive gottin from other forums. Good Luck Crappiepro.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » May 11th, 2010, 3:25 am

I'm also considering finding a place to hunt that comes in before the season here opens. I am looking towards South Carolina because it is close by.  I just haven't found the right place yet.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Guides & Outfitters