paint brush

gutpiler

paint brush

Postby gutpiler » February 15th, 2010, 12:54 pm

snow shoeing yesterday in a light snow and I came upon 3 toms feeding through a ceder swamp......one of them had an absolute paintbrush for a beard! As if I wasn't anxios enough for the season to start, I'm even more so now!! About an hour or so later I spyed a coyote running off ahead of me........I hope those toms aren't on his menu! anyway I drew week 3 and my youngest drew week 1. funny thing is we applied fo weeks 2,4,6. how does that happen????? any one else seeing anything? by my house they disappear for the winter but always make it back in time for the season.

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: paint brush

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 18th, 2010, 4:10 pm

What zone did you apply for?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » February 20th, 2010, 5:45 am

zone 5,I talked to a dnr chat person via their web site and she couldn't explain to me why I drew the weeks I did. It doesn't really matter anyway I was just curious. also if this is a lottery how come my youngest son draws week 1 every year now for 4 years in a row???

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » February 20th, 2010, 6:09 am

There a lot of things about WI drawing that make no sense.  It is an extremely frustrating system.  I have talked to a lot guys who have just given up on it.  Seems the system is driving hunters away. [:o]
Good for us hard  core hunters in the short term. If you play your OTC tag purchases right you can easily end up with 6 to 7 tags for this spring. 
But long term I worry about the support for wild turkeys.

Been hearing gobblers yelping everyday 11am-noon.  This morning heard my first deep throat-ed gobble of 2010.  Got 3rd season is 4 should have applied for an earlier one and tagged up on the OTC, had no idea there would be so many left in so many units and time periods.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 20th, 2010, 8:05 am

Yep don't think much of the draw system, we sent in as a group and drew two different weeks [8|]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Wisconsin