Its greening up, aren't you guys worried?

mcvitullo

Its greening up, aren't you guys worried?

Postby mcvitullo » April 5th, 2010, 3:29 pm

The leave are coming on the trees as if it were the last week in April and its the first. I personally hate hunting when the leaves are in full foilage. By the time turkey season opens in two weeks, I'm scared to think how green its going to be. Is anyone else concerned about this disturbing trend?
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

Duke0002

RE: Its greening up, aren't you guys worried?

Postby Duke0002 » April 5th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Perhaps a little concerned.  One plus is that the greenery hides the hunter as well.   I'll treat it just like late season hunting - set up on field edges and 4-wheeler/tractor lanes.

I'm not looking forward to poison ivy leaves, however!   The wheat fields I've seen will be pretty high in a couple of weeks.  This may funnel the birds to field edges.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 6th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Yes sir , if it don't cool off a bit , it's gonna get thick quick . I like it though ,,,hunting public land ,,,,thick and green weeds out the faint of heart turkey hunters from Cincy & Dayton.

Hope you fellow Ohio hunters have a safe and memorable season,,,,,,,,,with filled tags of course.

247limbhanger

Postby 247limbhanger » April 18th, 2010, 2:18 pm

little worried too, not used to it being so green. usually there isn't even barley any buds on the trees. it might even be better than usuall or worse (hopefully not) we'll have to see how it turns out.

Return to Ohio