Niagara and Alleghany County

Kawboy888

Niagara and Alleghany County

Postby Kawboy888 » March 30th, 2010, 8:49 am

I live in Niagara County and will be hunting in Wilson. I have a cabin in Belfast and will be hunting down there as well. Any of ya'll hunting either of these two counties?
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

OakRoadHunter

RE: Niagara and Alleghany County

Postby OakRoadHunter » March 30th, 2010, 1:50 pm

I hunt in alleghany county. I have a friend in Boliver, Wellsvile and also in Scio. Tons of birds in the area, i have found allot of farmers in the area are willing to let you hunt their land and very helpful in pointing you in a good direction to get on some birds.
Calling 'um up close

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 31st, 2010, 6:42 am

Nope. But have heard they have a few great flocks around those areas.
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

NeilWit716

Postby NeilWit716 » March 31st, 2010, 11:08 am

I live in North Tonawanda and I'm always trying to find places in Niagara County to hunt. I think I found a nice place to hunt in Pendleton. I also have a cabin near Salamanca that I'll be going to opening weekend. Shot a nice jake there last year.

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » April 3rd, 2010, 4:01 pm

Scott Witter (Fargohunt) here and I live in Lockport and hunt in Stafford/Batavia.  This am I filmed 3 gobblers and a jake in full strut for 20 minutes out in the middle of a beautiful winter wheat field after I listened to them goble their heads off for an hour on the roost.  They roost in the same area each spring like clockwork, but that is no guarantee as we all know, but they really got me fired up today.

Kawboy, you and I need to catch up, I have been making some nice box calls I would like to show you.  NeliWit, I do a lot of work in Tonawanda and would love to get together and hunt or exchange good stories on thne birds.  For the past 3 weekends I have asking many, many land owners for permission to hunt all around Niagara County and have been turned way.  Most folks have been good about it and we have had some good chats, but I would really like to find something a lot closer to home for a second bird than driving an hour to Stafford.  If either of you guys would like to get together my phone is 716-439-8503--I always figure 2 heads are better than 1

I had relatives who used to live in Almond and we used to have a lot of great success with birds in that area.

Kawboy888

Postby Kawboy888 » April 3rd, 2010, 10:28 pm

Oak, best of luck to ya. I drive through Scio and Wellsville on my way from my cabin to Whitesville and will probably do a little hunting in Whitesville. I'll definetely be doing a lot of trout fishing under the Shongo bridge on the 19.

Scott, I'll give you a call soon. I have two small flocks behind the house here in Wilson but they are impossible to roost and just as hard to set up on in regards to catching them going to feed due to the set up of the fields, swamps and posted woods.
Rich Leathers
Leathers Archery
"Instruments of Mass Destruction"

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » April 5th, 2010, 4:57 am

Rich, looking forward to it, see my post on general turkey talk about filming Saturday--man I had a blast!!  439-8503, or 435-1065

Return to New York