Its not long now

fightingspurs

Its not long now

Postby fightingspurs » March 26th, 2010, 6:39 am

Its getting closer and im getting more geared up.34 days and counting till our opener......
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

RE: Its not long now

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » March 26th, 2010, 10:11 am

Amen to that! I see you are from Milford I am from Unadilla. I am actually in MA serving active duty Coast Guard but I come home each year for Deer and Turkey. I am actually hunting here in MA on the 26th of april until opening weekend.
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 26th, 2010, 11:56 am

We are so geared up today we seen a flock of 15 long beards its getting close and i know what its like serving i was discharged in 01 from the army for injuries and now i just make calls and hunt turkeys. Good luck in april  we will be in texas in mid april hunting rio's let us how you do.

grizzly

Postby grizzly » March 26th, 2010, 12:01 pm

34 of the longest days of the year and each day gets longer i feel like a kid on dec 1st waiting for the 25th . good luck to you boys on your hunts [:D] wayne

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » March 27th, 2010, 10:17 am

Best to you guys as well. Hopefully I will tag a slammer here in the communistwealth of MA and then come home to NY opening weekend and do good. I will keep you guys posted.
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » March 27th, 2010, 11:00 am

We have 3 weeks from today until the 2010 Spring Turkey season here in Kentucky. Last night I had time to listen to a few birds before dark and sure enough I heard my first gobbles of the year as a couple of gobbler's sounded off a few times before fly up. I have a countdown on my computer counting down the days until opening morning, and can't wait. Good luck to those whose seasons are already open. I'm looking forward to seeing some great photos posted on the forum.

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 27th, 2010, 11:39 am

Well all its looking really good here in milford new york. went out today scouting some more and we ran into a flock of 40 turkeys mostly hens 4 toms and they were just a strutting what a great site. I just can not wait....

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » March 28th, 2010, 5:21 am

Thats great news man! The longer days need to get here so they start breaking up more. I saw 4 longbeards the other day (on base of course) where we cant get at em but thats ok. I was really surprised when I first got here and saw the population of turkeys. Plus Cape Cod is all tree huggers and nobody hunts. In 4 years I have met only 2 other hunters in the woods and all the birds seem unafraid and come right to call. Its almost not fair...ALMOST!!! Hehehe!! I am getting orders to south GA here this summer and I hear from a few guys I know that there that the Osceolas are cross-breeding with the Easterns causing a Hybrid flock. I will post in the general to see what the deal is with that.
-John Paul Jones

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 30th, 2010, 5:26 am

I have heard the same. That they are cross breeding with easterns just on the boarders ive heard. Keep me posted i would love to see pics of some hybrids and not the cars lol. Ive been away from Ga for 10 yrs now...

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » March 30th, 2010, 5:31 am

kinda weird how some of them hybrids look. They look like 2 or 3 different subspecies depending on where u shoot the hybrid. Would love to shoot a hybrid, would be really neat.[:D][:D][:D]
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Next

Return to New York