NWTF Banquets in MN

simpzenith

RE: NWTF Banquets in MN

Postby simpzenith » February 13th, 2010, 5:52 am

ORIGINAL: dewey

I have seen on the NWTF website that their are a lot of banquests coming up in March around the Minneapolis area so my question is does anyone on here belong to one? Recommend one? I would like to go to one but I am not very keen on the idea of going by myself.

Or is anyone on here planning on going to one or be interesed in going to one? It would be nice to know atleast one person there.

Dewey

The "North Metro Longbeards" chapter, based in Roseville, is having a banquet on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at Jimmy's in Vadnais Heights. Although I doubt I will be able to make it, you could come to one of our planning meetings and meet me and a few of the commitee members that will be at the banquet. The meetings are held on a Monday. My email is simpzenith@yahoo.com
2014 MN State & Iowa State Open Champion
http://www.CallingAllTurkeys.com

sdseverson

Postby sdseverson » March 24th, 2010, 12:41 pm

I joined the NWTF this spring and attended my first banquet in south central MN. The banquet consisted of "Gobbling hour" (meet and greet basically during happy/social hour), there are auction items set up around the room which you can check over before the auction begins, there are also various games set up around the room with prizes ranging from prints to calls to firearms that are open to play through the end of the auction at which time winners are announced, you have your meal, after the meal the auction takes place followed by game winners/silent auction item winners and gun of the year raffle winner.

As I said, this was my first banquet and I volunteered to help with the pull tab game so I spent the majority of the evening behind a table overseeing this game, watching the auction, and visiting with other members and guests who came by the game I was helping with. I had a good time and met some great folks with similar interests.

dewey

Postby dewey » March 29th, 2010, 7:00 am

ORIGINAL: sdseverson

I joined the NWTF this spring and attended my first banquet in south central MN. The banquet consisted of "Gobbling hour" (meet and greet basically during happy/social hour), there are auction items set up around the room which you can check over before the auction begins, there are also various games set up around the room with prizes ranging from prints to calls to firearms that are open to play through the end of the auction at which time winners are announced, you have your meal, after the meal the auction takes place followed by game winners/silent auction item winners and gun of the year raffle winner.

As I said, this was my first banquet and I volunteered to help with the pull tab game so I spent the majority of the evening behind a table overseeing this game, watching the auction, and visiting with other members and guests who came by the game I was helping with. I had a good time and met some great folks with similar interests.

Sounds pretty familiar to a DU banquet I went to last Friday in Mayer, I ended up having a great time.  I didn't win anything but I did manage to drink quite a few beers.  I will try to go to one this fall, possibly Champlin or Fridley., see the link below.

http://www.nwtf.org/in_your_state/banquet.php?zip=55428&dist=25&submit=Submit&sortBy=date

Thanks for the invite Shane but I couldn't make it with a new little Dewey at home.[:D]

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Previous

Return to Minnesota