Spring Fever

Mossberg835

Spring Fever

Postby Mossberg835 » March 10th, 2010, 8:27 am

I know its only march, but is anyone else getting antsy for turkey season, or at least getting spring fever? I have a new place to hunt this year so I am very excited. In the mean time i will have the annual rainbowtrout run in the creek that runs through my town to look forward to and keep me occupied and can go fish for spawning crappies and perch and gills w/my friend nate at westriver once the ice gets off.
Hunt for thunder chickens for months at a time...you know that's right

Fargohunt

RE: Spring Fever

Postby Fargohunt » March 12th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Lucas, are you kidding me, the other day when it hit 63 degrees I was busting out of my skin wanting to be out scouting.  Hopefully, if the rain holds off I have a scouting trip planned for Sunday.  Do you still live in Naples, or somewhere nearby.  I live in Lockport and hunt mostly in the Batavia/Stafford area. 

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » March 16th, 2010, 5:57 am

Hey Fargo, i still live in Naples. Went scouting last thursday, i think, cant remeber exactly[8|]... anyways, found where a gobblers roosting and spending most of his time by the looks of it.[:D] My dad and i are going to take my 12yr brother Jed out during the youth season, hopefully he can get his 1st spring bird. We are keeping the tradition going, boom baby. Rock on and Peace Out[:D][:D][:D]

mcvitullo

Postby mcvitullo » March 16th, 2010, 6:04 am

This morning was great!!! I went shock gobbling this morning and they were gobbleing back to me as if it was a week before season. Its on now!!!!!!!!!!
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

mcvitullo

Postby mcvitullo » March 16th, 2010, 6:10 am

Ooops! I didn't realize this is a New York forum, sorry!!!!
Fall turkey hunting is boring?! Have fun sitting in your deer stand....

Mossberg835

Postby Mossberg835 » March 16th, 2010, 9:37 am

Its nice to hear from people from other states sometimes, so no problem man. Good to hear that u had some fun gettin' some gobblers to shock gobble. SWEET!!!

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 17th, 2010, 7:39 am

It looks like its going to be a great season this spring unlike last years. I love those Thunder chickens
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

OakRoadHunter

Postby OakRoadHunter » March 18th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Maby it was just me but last season sucked!!! just this morning i saw about 25 turkeys out behind the house with ten strutters. They were going nuts all puffed up stomping around. I live outside Perry by Letchworth State park. They have been coming back out of the park and into the neighboring fields and wood lots. Im stoked!!!!
Calling 'um up close

fightingspurs

Postby fightingspurs » March 19th, 2010, 10:43 am

Hey oak you are right last year really sucked here to wet and cold . Hope this spring season goes good. As far as strutters we see about anywere from 50 to 60 a day now they are gearing up and so are we.....good luck this year 
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Return to New York