The 3rd by the cuz

What's in your collection? What's it worth?
Fan Club

RE: The 3rd by the cuz

Postby Fan Club » February 25th, 2010, 8:39 am

Cuz wuz there... I got my autographed copy of his 3 rd, it's awesome.

If you ever get too high of an opinion of yourself as a turkey hunter, this book will take that out of you. Highly recommended reading.

"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » March 7th, 2010, 11:19 am

Now that I've finished the book, I have a few thoughts.

I think "And Nothing But The TRUTH" belongs in every turkey hunter's library for a couple of reasons. First off, it's just a great read, you don't want to put it down. A lot of folks have found a niche in the outdoor industry but "Cuz" might be the most well rounded of them all. Having filmed turkey hunts for well over 20 years, he has been on thousands of hunts and shared hundreds of turkey camps with every type of Pro Hunter, Calling Champ, Outdoor writer and hunt raffle winner that you can imagine. This, along with being a respected outdoorsman in his own right, makes him uniquely qualified to comment on the proceedings. He bites his tongue frequently, but when "The Truth" comes out a lot of these characters don't want to hear it.

Secondly, Cuz doesn't suffer inflated egos, calling "experts", kill counters, trophy hunters or jerks gladly. It's all about the quality of the experience for him and the book is practically a manual on how to deal with these kinds of people. It occurred to me that if you have to deal with one of these offenders, getting them a copy of this book might let them see the light and save a friendship.

This quote from the book pretty well sums up a mantra I've read on this forum repeatedly: "The only thing worse to me than a person who thinks their method is the only way to respectfully pursue game is the hunter who thinks only record book animals are worthy of praise and conversation."

In an age when everyone and their brother has a "How To" book available, Cuz has generously given us a "How Not To Do It" about hunting that will serve future generations well.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

Hognutz

Postby Hognutz » March 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Nice review, Jeff. It is on my shopping list. Mike
And there I was...Knee deep in grenade pins..

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Turkey Collectibles