Spring Turkey season

SCHUNTER

Spring Turkey season

Postby SCHUNTER » January 28th, 2010, 1:19 pm

I know that its only jan. But am i the only one ready for April.
All the tv shows have started to show turkey hunting.Its enough to drive you crazy.being in one room and here a gobbler in the other.Is it april yet.

1Morgan

RE: Spring Turkey season

Postby 1Morgan » January 29th, 2010, 1:35 am

I'm amping!! I got 2 new calls in a couple weeks back, been working them, wife bought me a new pack of mouth calls that are in my truck and get worked everyday. Been seeing flocks on my way to and from work. I'm amping, I can't wait for Mar 15th!!
South Carolina Low Country

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » February 9th, 2010, 2:58 am

1 Morgan it must be nice that ya'll get to hunt in march.we have to wait till April in Florence.any time you want to come up this way just let me know.will see if we can put you in frount of a tom or two.

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » February 20th, 2010, 3:59 am

Hey everyone. I have a question. I am in the U.S. Coast Guard and might be getting stationed in the Charleston area this summer. Is there good turkey hunting in the area or will I have to travel some to find birds? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Again,
Mack
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » February 24th, 2010, 7:21 am

Hi Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner welcome to SC.And yes thay have some great hunting down in the low-country.I am in the Pee-Dee about 1.5hr from there and i took a 22lbs bird with a 10.5" beard last year.The season starts between March and April and ends in May.If you have any problems with finding a place to hunt just let me know and we will get you up here and in frount of a bird or two.And welcome to SC.

Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner

Postby Otsdawa_Ridge_Runner » February 25th, 2010, 6:33 am

Thanks for the Hospitality! I should be finding out if I am getting orders here in a few weeks. If I get down that way I will definitely be hunting and I will also drop you a message. I am currently stationed in MA on Cape Cod and this place is infested with birds. I hunt here the last week in April and then its off to central NY for the first week of May. Seems like a long time off and I've been watching videos to keep my sanity until then. Well thanks for the invite and I will keep you guys posted.

Best of Luck this Spring!

Mack
"I wish to make no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harms way"
-John Paul Jones

ds huntin 777

Postby ds huntin 777 » March 2nd, 2010, 4:23 pm

hey i live in sc to im 12 i tryin to get a bird this year got in tips

Swampgobbler

Postby Swampgobbler » March 22nd, 2010, 6:17 pm

schunter, i'm from florence also.  wish you the best on an upcoming spring season

Chris

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » March 28th, 2010, 5:27 am

swampgobbler what part of Florence do you hunt.me i hunt down pamplico hwy.Good luck this season.

Swampgobbler

Postby Swampgobbler » March 28th, 2010, 6:17 am

i've got a spot around old river rd outside of pamplico for the first time this year.  heard a gobbler on it 2 weeks ago, went back the other day to scout and didn't hear a peep.  i've been told that the place is loaded, so i'm curious why i didn't hear anything.  i also have a spot around johnsonville and another in horry county.  the horry county tract is hot, but i hate driving that far every morning.  good luck to you, and if you hunt anywhere near the greenwood school or pamplico high school, i know your season will be a good one. 

Next

Return to South Carolina