KY roll call

shaman

KY roll call

Postby shaman » January 21st, 2010, 1:34 am

Dang no posts in here since last May???  I guess it's time to start a new thread.  Who's hunting Kentucky in 2010?  I am.  I'll start.

I'm hunting SW Bracken County.  We have our own 200 acres, and you can see our place from Rooster's parking lot.     I have one son, Angus, that will turn 12 during season and another named Moose  that turns 18 right after season. 

If all goes well, I'll be starting my report from Turkey Camp here in a few weeks and continuing it all the way through turkey season.  I'm blessed with a hunting venue where I can go out to my shooting table on the front porch and glass turkeys and browse the Internet at the same time.

If you're in Rooster's on Saturday night, look for the T&TH table.  Ask Joanie or Orey to point us out.

If we have a mind to, we may pack up and go visit KYHillChick's kin this year in McCreary County and take our shotguns along.  We've been seeing lots of turkeys at their place west of Revelo.

BTW:  We were down there for Thanksgiving this year and I'll give y'all a scouting tip.  I have never seen so many turkeys as we saw riding Jellico Creek Road going from Rt 92 all the way to Jellico, TN.  I also saw numerous flocks going over Granny Holt's Knob.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

hoosierhunter

RE: KY roll call

Postby hoosierhunter » January 26th, 2010, 6:11 pm

I'll be down there at some point, just outside of Bowling Green and over to Muhlenberg Co. down by the green river where paradise lay. It would be nice to meet ya sometime shaman, and a real treat to hear that young one of yours play the pipes. I don't think theres a sweeter sounding instrument on earth.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

shaman

Postby shaman » January 28th, 2010, 4:20 am

He's going to be playing at the Highland Games in both Carrollton (5/8) and Glasgow (6/5) this year.  Last year he won at Glasgow.  PM me and we can figure something out. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

BIGTED

Postby BIGTED » March 15th, 2010, 10:16 am

I will be attempting my FIRST turkey hunt in Anderson co.
36 years old, first time trying to take a TOM.
I have been out scouting the last 3 weekends, but if you have plenty on your 200 acres, I'd be glad to help you out...lol

REDDAWG

Postby REDDAWG » March 17th, 2010, 5:24 am

I can't wait to get to the bluegrass State. My wife is from KY so I have hunted there for the last 12-15 yrs or so. I have hunted from Bama to PA and KY is the best bar none!!! I hunt with my buddy Dale in Elliot Co. and I hear the gobblers are there this yr. Should be another great yr. if we catch the weather right. see ya Robert

rweyman

Postby rweyman » March 19th, 2010, 8:49 am

Hello Shaman,

I'll be out there trying to drag those gobblers close enough to fill my freezer and stomach. I've been watching a group of eight gobblers on the farm I hunt. Hopefully, I will be able to lure in a couple of them and complete the mission. I have been seeing alot more gobblers this year. Good luck to all!!

Stringbender

Postby Stringbender » March 27th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Yes  Sir,

I'll  be  in  the  woods  everyday  it's  not  raining.  It's  a  long  wait  from  the  first  week  of  December  last  day  of  fall  season  to  April  17.

If your lookin' for the good life.
You have to HUNT for it.

Don Stanley
Beaver Dam, KY

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » March 29th, 2010, 9:06 am

Ill be hunting in Lincoln Co. again this year. I have one picked out for opening morning but we will have to wait and see if he is going to hold his end of the deal. Good luck to everyone.

stra8shooter

Postby stra8shooter » April 17th, 2010, 3:25 am

mornin shaman,  its opening day for u  good luck!   i'll be heading down there tommorrow  (owen co.) on public land.been going there for about 6 yrs. now do quite well, but i don't like opening day to busy out there i'm a early riser.  I like to be set up at least 20 min. before daylight most times more.  alot of other public hunters stroll in from 6:30 -8:30, i've been screwed alot of times by someone or something spooking off birds.  But that's public hunting.  Those birds seem to be alot smarter than than birds who visit birdfeeders.  Well hope you are already celebrating one of your sons kills or both

mike

Stringbender

Postby Stringbender » April 21st, 2010, 9:18 am

I  am  hunting  in  Ohio  Co.  On  private  land.

Seeing  a  lot  of  hens,  way  more  than  usual.  I  am  yet  to  get  the  gobbler.  They  are  in  a  100  acer  field. 
If your lookin' for the good life.
You have to HUNT for it.

Don Stanley
Beaver Dam, KY

Next

Return to Kentucky