New MN hunter

mconway951

New MN hunter

Postby mconway951 » January 10th, 2010, 3:54 pm

hey guys new to this site just wanted to say hello and see who was on here from MN

My name is Mike i live in the metro grew up in Lake City down in zone 341 still hunt there every year I normally turkey hunt 3 states a year MN first WI normally and then a wild card last 3 yrs has been black hills of SD however this year thinking either TX or Oklahoma for Rios. I hunt just about anything that walks or flies and love the outdoors.

So tell me a lil about my fellow MNans
Thanks and good luck this spring
Mathews DXT
Winchester SX2

dewey

RE: New MN hunter

Postby dewey » January 12th, 2010, 3:39 am

Hey Mike and welcome to the expanding group of MN turkey hunters here on T&TH.  My name is Dewey and I also live in the Twin Cities, Crystal to be specific and I grew up in Breckenridge.  I go hunting for turkeys in zone 239 just Southwest of Detroit Lakes and I am jealous that you have been to the black hills hunting for Merriams and going hunting for Rio's this coming spring.  I plan on going to the Black Hills next spring and hopefully get another leg of the Grand Slam completed.

I also hunt for deer in NW MN and I went elk hunting this past fall in SW MT.  I also have started pheasant hunting this past fall and plan on starting to go waterfowl hunting this next fall.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » January 12th, 2010, 12:17 pm

[:D] Welcome !

Bruno
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 12th, 2010, 5:57 pm

I am a Minnesotan who has been exiled in Wisconsin for the last 10 years.[;)] 
Still cross the river for spring turkey hunting, just love those spring time snows makes killing that gobbler more satisfying.[:)]
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Minnesota