opener blues

roughrider123

opener blues

Postby roughrider123 » May 1st, 2010, 6:58 am

Had 2 spots in mind last night and picked the one holding birds friday morning. Arrived at empty parking spot 4:45 am, was 200 yards from where bird sounded friday at 5:10, I heard footsteps and i flash my gps light at the guy at 20 yards, he stops in the field and plows into the woods right in front of me for 100yards to probably blow them off the roost. So much for ethics. I head to front side as my spot is screwed and his buddy is already there. Moved off 500yards ,sat down and soft called for 2 hours as I listened to somebody setting calls on fire. Figured i'd hang to see what happens. No shots in the area and 3 total in 2 hours. The worst of it is it did not surprise me. Figure these birds screwed for awhile. Vacation next week, Im sure today sapped alot of 1st day hunters for the year.

roughrider out

Everyday Hunter

RE: opener blues

Postby Everyday Hunter » May 1st, 2010, 7:20 am

Typical for PA. So many other hunters make it tough here in the early season, and it stays tough.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Pennsylvania