My first 3 calls

Support for hopelessly addicted turkey call collectors
Fargohunt

My first 3 calls

Postby Fargohunt » April 26th, 2010, 1:18 pm

Here are a few pictures of the first 3 calls I ever made. D Hoosh's call is the 5th and last one I made. Hope you enjoy the pic's cause I sure had fun making the calls. Am I call maker...I guess. I can make calls, but I have plenty going on in my life now that I don't have time to make many of them. I suspect I will continue to make a few here and there, but until I retire, it will never be a business--already have a day job and it isn't about the $--even the real call makers will tell you that.

The first 2 pics are all 3 shown together, the 3rd pic is of the 1st call I made, a cherry box, walnut base and padauk paddle with curly maple carved feather accent.

Bryan78

RE: My first 3 calls

Postby Bryan78 » April 26th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Love the craftsmanship in each of them.  Unlike the big names who mass produce, guys like you and Larry put your heart and soul into each call you make.

Fargohunt

Postby Fargohunt » April 26th, 2010, 2:23 pm

Bryan78,

Thank you for say this and I can tell you that is absolutely the truth. I can't remember that last time I had as much joy and fun making something from wood, I make a whole lot of stuff, mostly furniture in my spare time, but making calls seems to be something all together different. I guess because they talk back to me and I don't mind[:D]

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » April 26th, 2010, 3:00 pm

You're very welcome.  Those calls are very beautiful.  The little feathers added to it adds a whole lot of character to each call.  Truly impressive indeed.  I wish I was a skilled as you and Larry to make such things. 

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » May 1st, 2010, 7:16 am

Very nice boxes my friend, those are all very pleasing to the eye. I like the fact that you still do a lot of it by hand, that is becoming a lost art. [:D]
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

shad309

Postby shad309 » May 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm

Those are beauties!!! If they were mine I would show them off like a new baby.
Shad Arington

Return to Call Collecting