Great Issue

Comments and suggestions about T&TH are welcome here.
allaboutshooting

Great Issue

Postby allaboutshooting » October 13th, 2009, 8:57 am

I just received my "Winter 2009" issue of Turkey & Turkey Hunting magazine and it may be one of the best I've read.

The article on Ben Rogers Lee by Jim Cassada was especially good. All too often writers tend to gloss over the "not so good" traits (that all of us have) and make the subject of the article sound like a "perfect" individual. That's especially true when that person is no longer living.

Jim's honest account of Ben Lee was very refreshing. We can and should respect folks, even when they have some obvious shortcomings or flaws, as all of us have. The contributions made by Ben Lee to modern turkey hunting should never be forgotten. He was a true pioneer and helped many others to launch their careers in this sport.

Thank you Jim Cassada for a great read and account of the life and career of Ben Rogers Lee.

Thanks again,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

WillowRidgeCalls

RE: Great Issue

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 13th, 2009, 7:03 pm

X2
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » October 15th, 2009, 1:14 pm

yes sir this was a great issue the Ben Lee article was a good one i really enjoyed the pictures of parker whedons yelpers too....... thanks for a great issue guys

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » November 13th, 2009, 7:26 am

I wish I could have read the article.  I am was a fan of Ben Lee. He was the one that got me interested in turkey hunting.  I knew Ben a little and he did have short coming like all of us however, what he did for the sport of turkey hunting was unbelievable.  I will never forget him.
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » November 15th, 2009, 3:09 pm

ORIGINAL: rsmithpa

I wish I could have read the article.  I am was a fan of Ben Lee. He was the one that got me interested in turkey hunting.  I knew Ben a little and he did have short coming like all of us however, what he did for the sport of turkey hunting was unbelievable.  I will never forget him.

X2. I read it and enjoyed it you either liked Ben or you didn't either way I don't think his personal life should have been brought into the article. Just my opinion.
Jon
Turkeybuster

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » December 24th, 2009, 7:15 am

I need a little help in that I would like to read the Ben Lee article and I don't have the winter issue.  If someone would be kind enough to send me a zerox copy of it I would greatly appreciate it. PM me for my address. Thank you and have a great holiday season and a healthy and safe new year

Bob
Full Fans, Longbeards, and Sharp Spurs

firelt72

Postby firelt72 » January 3rd, 2010, 3:39 am

I want to agree with aalaboutshooting- T&TH has become my #1 turkey mag. I have alway enjoyed the articles and info you have put in every issue and it is just turkey. I just dropped my membership to a national org. because they have become the "Better Homes and Gardens Turkey and Hunting Other Critters Magizine".... I only hunt turkey and am thrilled to have a publication specifically trageted at me. Keep up the great work!!!!
Eric
Local 4416 Hamilton County Fire Fighters
If it is bleeding or on fire I can usually fix it; Other than that we might be in trouble....

rsmithpa

Postby rsmithpa » January 7th, 2010, 12:57 am

You guys have won me back to your magazine. I just subscribed.  Like firelt 72, I do not care for the change in format of the NWTF mag.  I will still be a member and a loyal supporter of the NWTF, but I want to read about turkey and turkey hunting and not cardinals and tweeter birds. So, I have decided to subscribe to T&TH.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 7th, 2010, 10:09 am

Not only is NWTF magazine getting touchy feely it seems the upper management is moving that way. Some of us really miss Rob Keck.
T&TH is a great mag!
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Bobbyparks

Postby Bobbyparks » January 8th, 2010, 8:45 am

I enjoy every issue but I agree this was a particularly good issue.

Alot of good info to imput and I loved the photo of Brian Lovett's Texas hunt.

I have to say I've hunted Texas for several years and we've had some pretty good shots but this one leaves us in the dust.  I may have to figure out how to Photoshoppe my head on someones shoulder, blow it up, and put it in my hunting room
ACME PRO STAFF
Make Every Hunt a Blast With ACME Hunting Systems

Return to Magazine Feedback