Who's from Nebraska

NEbeardhunter21

RE: Who's from Nebraska

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » September 28th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Thought I'd bring this back and see if we have any "newbies" out there in Huskerland. Let me hear ya!
May your shells be live and your Toms be monsters

FireFly908

Postby FireFly908 » September 29th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Hi NE Beard Hunter
I'm from Omaha and hunted turkey for the first time at hunting anything this spring. I got a Jake and later in the spring, I got a 19 pound gobbler. Of course, I'm hooked and looking at going Fall turkey hunting this next weeked. I avoided public land in the spring but am going to try it this Fall. The private land I hunted on this spring is worried that shooting turkeys might scare off the deer. We'll see.

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » September 29th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Hey firefly! I'm glad you got your ears on. Congrats on the birds this spring. I had an unbelievable spring season. 3 big longbeards, all on private land. That was also my first spring hunt as I just started hunting last fall. As far as scaring the deer away, I wouldn't worry to much about that. They scare easily but forget quick. I've scared off some big deer while bird hunting and seen the same deer days or weeks later in the same area. Keep me informed on your turkey and deer success. I enjoy a good hunt story. Later my friend
May your shells be live and your Toms be monsters

Previous

Return to Nebraska