Calling with no call at all?

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
nhtrkybstr

RE: Calling with no call at all?

Postby nhtrkybstr » September 12th, 2009, 12:31 am

Great analogy Mark.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 8th, 2009, 7:39 am

OOOps
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

TreeTrunkNarcoleptic

Postby TreeTrunkNarcoleptic » December 14th, 2009, 6:53 pm

I can do a respectable cluck, feeding pur, fighting pur, a somewhat decent yelp, and a damn good alarm putt with just my voice. But I wouldn't attempt to use them on real turkeys. The sounds I can make on a diaphram or friction calls are just so much better, when there are real birds on the line, I ain't chancing it with sub-par calling.

BTW, I learned how to replicate the sounds with my voice talking turkey with other people while not having a call handy.
"You can't grill it 'till you kill it."

turkeytracks

Postby turkeytracks » December 15th, 2009, 1:55 pm

well i cracked, we had our first big snowfall last weekend and i went snowmobiling instead of hunting(still kickin myself for that one).  but as u know i got stuck in our woods so i just kind of sat there for a while just appriciating the woods.  and what do you know a couple of turkeys sounded off about 50 yards away and i didnt have a call with my(kickin myself for that one too) so i tried yelping without a call. pretty good i guess becuase they called back a little closer this time so i clucked a little that was good to. but eventually they stopped talking back and i never did see those turkeys.[:(] but was a cool exprience.
Alex

Numbfeet

Re: Calling with no call at all?

Postby Numbfeet » October 10th, 2013, 11:51 am

Newbee from Michigan here ..

I have the ability to talk to turkey's ,squirrels , deer ,doves ,ducks, and owls and actually call them in very close with my voice.. If I am at Bass Pro and I hear someone using a turkey call I will respond to them in a whole different department and watch their heads spin like "what the" :shock:

Numbfeet

Previous

Return to Calling