Yelps yelps and more yelps

fightingspurs

Yelps yelps and more yelps

Postby fightingspurs » May 29th, 2011, 3:10 pm

I have called in more hens with no toms in tow unreal!!!!!! Today no gobbling on the roost just like most of the season rainy out early this morning not one tom after 7am i started blind calling hard with the ol box call and would u no it hens start coming from afar... So i figure sit tight toms will sure be following them NOPE i was wrong not one longbeard 1 hour with 4 hens in front of me purring yelping cutting whinning and still NO DAMN TOM!!!!!! This has been the worst season ever! and the worst for weather and green up came late WE NEED ALL DAY HUNTING!!!!!!Well with two days left hopefully i can flop one longbeard to the ground!!!!
Fightingspurs game calls - GOT BLOOD!!!

Everyday Hunter

RE: Yelps yelps and more yelps

Postby Everyday Hunter » May 29th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Hang in there. I finally tagged out May 21 and May 27, and both birds were within a mile of the NY line.

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

kenturkey89

Postby kenturkey89 » May 29th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Hang in there, Scott. I'm sure if you keep at it your persistence will pay off. Good luck to you!!
Brian

retranger

Postby retranger » May 30th, 2011, 2:33 am

Has been a bad year for sure. I only got out 7 times and my buddy only 3. We only heard two gobbles all together and they came home with us, both birds taken after 1030. My honey holes don't seem to be holding any birds, although we did take two have not seen much sign of anything else.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Return to New York