all things kee kee

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
Turkeybuster

RE: all things kee kee

Postby Turkeybuster » June 8th, 2009, 11:48 am

You use the term stout and I understand that as I used the term mature hen so we are basically talking about the same thing now what does this do as far as rasp in the yelp and cluck?
I understand that you can only get so much out of a ghost cut however the call you are making now gives you more variables in turkey vocabulary than any call of this type I have ever ran.
It will cut as good as most cutter calls, yelp, cluck and kee kee, call low, tree yelp and purr so takeing this all into consideration it is the best all around call I have found but if you have something as good with a different turkey tone as you refered to as stout I would like to try it as long as it has a good break over and some rasp to it.
Turkeybuster

StevePA

Postby StevePA » June 8th, 2009, 2:29 pm

ORIGINAL: Turkeybuster

You use the term stout and I understand that as I used the term mature hen so we are basically talking about the same thing now what does this do as far as rasp in the yelp and cluck?
I understand that you can only get so much out of a ghost cut however the call you are making now gives you more variables in turkey vocabulary than any call of this type I have ever ran.
It will cut as good as most cutter calls, yelp, cluck and kee kee, call low, tree yelp and purr so takeing this all into consideration it is the best all around call I have found but if you have something as good with a different turkey tone as you refered to as stout I would like to try it as long as it has a good break over and some rasp to it.

Thanks for the kind words...Best I can say is this...Take the call Im making now and multiply it by 2...It will also last longer too because the top reed is heavy...Drawbacks...It takes me longer to build them because Im mixing the material...another reason I switched to the lighter version...
turkeykiller

Turkeybuster

Postby Turkeybuster » June 8th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Well this summer when you get bored and don't have anything to do why don't you just make me up a couple and I will try them out.
Turkeybuster

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » July 7th, 2009, 1:08 pm

you know to whisltle...just pucker up your lips and blow...ive called in alot of birds by just doing that
Break em at Night...Back at light

rutnstrutgamecalls

Postby rutnstrutgamecalls » August 27th, 2009, 4:48 pm

I just found this post. Since the original question was: "What calls are capable of making a good kee kee?" Not which Call someone feels makes the best Kee Kee or Kee Kee Run. I will answer the original question. Calls that are capable and will excel at making the Kee Kee or Kee Kee Run in no particular order are: Carbon Fiber Pot Call, Crystal Pot Call, ALuminum Pot Call, Slate Pot Call, Double Sided Box Call, Scratch Box Call, Trumpet Call, Wingbone Call and Ghost Cut Diaphragm Call (Gray Top Red with 2 Backer Reeds). With a little practice all of these calls can be used to do the Kee Kee or Kee Kee Run realistically!   
Tim Sandford
rutnstrutgamecalls@juno.com
www.rutnstrutgamecalls.com
NWTF Award Winning Call Maker
NWTF Diamond Life Sponsor Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member
Ducks Unlimited
NRA

Previous

Return to Fall Hunting