tail mounts????

What's in your collection? What's it worth?
woodswise13

tail mounts????

Postby woodswise13 » May 13th, 2009, 1:40 pm

im not going to do a full body mount but i want to do a tail and beard mount i need some different ideas "PICS PLEASE" so i can get started!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS looking forward to see some ideas!!!

ncturkey

RE: tail mounts????

Postby ncturkey » May 22nd, 2009, 5:42 am

Here is my first tail,beard, Spur plaque mounts. Plus a few others that the beard and spurs could be added too.                                                                                                                        Image               Image
Mike

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » May 22nd, 2009, 12:44 pm

This is what I use:

Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » June 20th, 2009, 12:39 pm

I was drying my tail/beard in a shed and the mice got to the meat...the beard is loose now not so much a prob as epoxy will put it back together, but they ate the bottom of some of the quills, will this be a problem? I can use the epoxy to keep the shape, I just wonder if it will fall apart with the bottom of some of the quills gone.
South Carolina Low Country

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 20th, 2009, 5:31 pm

If you can lay the fan out with the front side of the feathers facing down and be satisfied that all is in the right position , glue or epoxy some thin cardboard or similar material to the back side of the quills to help hold its shape and keep them from sagging.

Da'Gum mouse! My first fall jake , which was my first turkey by the way , a mouse ran off with the beard . I tore the garage apart looking for it . I wanted that first beard , and still do . My wife says ''Don't kill it ,,,take it out in the yard and let it go '' .  So I do ,,,,,,,but they just sit there. What else could they do ?  After being WACKED with the hoe.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » June 21st, 2009, 1:31 am

That's too funnny because they actually carried the feet off and I can't find them!!
South Carolina Low Country

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » June 21st, 2009, 11:18 am

ORIGINAL: ncturkey

Here is my first tail,beard, Spur plaque mounts. Plus a few others that the beard and spurs could be added too.

Hey, ncturkey --

Some nice displays there. Tell me about the decoy you have on the left -- the one that looks like it's lying on its side.

Thanks.
Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Miscellaneous Turkey Collectibles