fall plans

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
wisturkeyhunter

fall plans

Postby wisturkeyhunter » June 1st, 2009, 8:12 am

Anybody have any plans for this fall turkey season?

Theres young school and theres old school.
I'm still in school.

trkyklr

RE: fall plans

Postby trkyklr » June 1st, 2009, 9:07 am

rumor has it that they are delaying our fall season by a month...[:@]...so i'm gonna have to travel to another state somewhere....i can't go from may to december without hunting a turkey...

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » June 1st, 2009, 10:47 am

I always hunt the fall shotgun seasons, but I have full intentions of spending some time bowhunting them this year. Hopefully chasing Mr.Buck wont distract me to much [:D].

mark hay

Postby mark hay » June 1st, 2009, 11:05 am

YOU BET I DO ! I have more than enough firewood already cut and stacked for next winter . That alone will free up substantial time for me to be in the woods .
One goal is to be good enough with the wingbones ( hen and gobbler bones ) to pull a bird or birds in to the gun .

I finally aquired a .410 and intend to use it on my next turkey .

Going to spend some time this summer looking for some new hunting clothes that are not camo . This could backfire on me for the simple fact that EVERYTHING is so expensive and having much extra money is rare .

Take breaks from hunting in the middle of the day and rest up for late afternoon and evening hunts .

Scout , scout , and scout more . I want to KNOW where those longbeards are roosting , feeding and loafing .

Become more flexible and adaptive when it comes to working on turkeys with a set up and the calls .

Take the advice of C.S. HALL and slow down . I move slower now than I ever have in my life , but I think I'm moving too fast in the woods .

I'm sure I'll think of more later . Thanks for starting this thread Wisturkeyhunter .

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » June 1st, 2009, 1:44 pm

this will be my first fall hunting turks im going to hunt new york and pa. new york starts earlier so ill be doing that then as the bucks get a little frisky i have november 8-14th off for the last week of pa bowseason. we will see how well i can juggle turks,deer,sleep and work this fall.  BRING IT ON!

nhtrkybstr

Postby nhtrkybstr » June 1st, 2009, 2:48 pm

When it comes to hunting fall birds, I'm greener than the fields in May in NH!

I have to confess, I don't have a clue how to hunt them very well in the fall. I want to, I just don't know the best way to go about it!
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » June 1st, 2009, 3:53 pm

If i get tags I will be hunting them in the fall,hope they will be easier than they was in the spring.

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » June 1st, 2009, 4:08 pm

I have big plans this fall.My hopes are the pup will be ready to rock and roll,I've got friends coming from VA and I'm planning a trip to KY.If everything comes together it should be a real good time and I almost forgot I've already seen two broods with 6-8 poults in each.Can't wait.
canecreekcalls.com

Dcoleinpa

Postby Dcoleinpa » June 1st, 2009, 4:48 pm

sounds awesome thunder!!

thunderchicken

Postby thunderchicken » June 2nd, 2009, 1:02 am

I am with you nhtrkybstr! This is gonna be my first year hunting fall birds in NH also! READ, THEN READ ,THEN READ SOME MORE!

Next

Return to Fall Hunting