aquestion for ministers

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
singleshot

aquestion for ministers

Postby singleshot » April 22nd, 2009, 6:49 am

how often do you find that the lord uses outdoors/nature in your sermons? and helps give openings to witness to others with this subject?
John 1:1 John 1:14 KJV.

jedipastorken

RE: aquestion for ministers

Postby jedipastorken » May 28th, 2009, 4:05 pm

I could come close to relating a whole lot of stuff to the outdoors and hunting, about as much as I can with Star Wars![;)]  With all things, it is finding the balance and trying to demonstrate how faith comes through in all things we participate in.

As to witnessing, hunting has opened up a number of conversations and allowed me the chance to connect with guys disconnected from God.  I'm hoping that will continue.  I'm praying regularly for a guy whose land I hunted on this year.  He has gone to church in the past but quit a few years ago.  I think it has meant a lot to have a pastor in his life again. 

Like anything, when your around people and you follow Jesus, there are going to be open doors.

hoosierhunter

RE: aquestion for ministers

Postby hoosierhunter » June 3rd, 2009, 1:32 pm

One of the good things that has ARISEN in many churches of late, is the formation of sportsmens fellowships within the church. It has been a great blessing to myself to have been asked to deliver a message at several fellowship functions, over the past 2 years, that incorporate my faith with turkey hunting. I often wonder how someone who doesn't know Christ as thier Saviour, can set in the Spring turkey woods, watching the new birth of creation taking place, telling thier friends about watching the dogwoods bloom, the birds singing, the mayapples popping, the apple and cherrytrees blossoming,(ie, creation) and never think about the Creator. I have also found that, that is why I was called, to remind them of the obvious, just like He sends others to remind me of the obvious sometimes. There are many out there who would really like a Christain hunting partner, or someone to bounce thier questions off of.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE !
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF-TURKEYS
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

Return to Off Topic