My first hunt kill ever!

Whether you're a 10-year-old kid or a 40-year-old kid-at-heart, bagging that first bird is a thrill. This is the place to share photos and stories of your first harvest.
SoRichfull

My first hunt kill ever!

Postby SoRichfull » May 22nd, 2009, 12:59 pm

Well, I had never hunted before. This 2009 spring season was my first. I had gone out 6 times prior with no luck. I had heard Toms gobbling close by before, but never saw any. My father flew in from Florida to visit his new grandkids and I thought to myself, maybe I'll take my dad hunting. He has never hunted in his life either, so I figured he would at least enjoy hearing or possibly seeing some wildlife. To make a long story short, we went out this morning, heard them gobbling from the car and headed down to the spot. Once I started calling they gobbled back right away. They never stopped gobbling, so I kept calling. 30-45 minutes later I had my first Tom! Dropped his in his tracks with one shot. His beard measured at 9.5 inches. Needless to say, I'm exited and totally hooked. My dad was also super excited and can't wait to hunt again. Hunting is a great sport. Till next season![;)]

Cut N Run

RE: My first hunt kill ever!

Postby Cut N Run » May 22nd, 2009, 1:33 pm

Congrats!  It sounds like there are more where that one came from. Nothing like having it work the way it is supposed to.   Looking forward to seeing a picture of your Dad with one too.
Good Luck.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » May 23rd, 2009, 2:37 am

Way to go, that's awesome!

Welcome to the forum.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

jedipastorken

Postby jedipastorken » May 24th, 2009, 12:06 am

Great story and great bird!  I got my first on my first hunt at the end of last season.  Just warning you - it will eat you up all the way to the start of next season! [;)]  Welcome to the addiction!

trkynut54

Postby trkynut54 » May 24th, 2009, 1:17 am

Congrats on your first 
Don't hunt harder hunt smarter

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » May 24th, 2009, 2:30 pm

Congratulations, SoRichfull, on your success!,....and on making the discovery that all of us here have gone through at some point in our lives.  HUNTING IS A GREAT SPORT!!  We wish you and your father many years of enjoying all of the rewards that come with the hunting experience. 

Welcome to the Forum!....stay here with us,...and here's to more good luck to you in the future!

Jim

SoRichfull

Postby SoRichfull » May 26th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Thanks for the support and encouragement, I'm already looking forward to next season![;)]

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » May 26th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Sounds like he is hooked bad[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

sugarray

Postby sugarray » May 26th, 2009, 1:26 pm

That is awesome!  My first year as well and got one on the very first day and had my 4 yr old with me.  I am hooked now, wife doesn't like my wanting to spend more money on hunting, but oh well.  Where are you from?

SoRichfull

Postby SoRichfull » June 1st, 2009, 6:53 pm

I'm from Ashland, Oregon!

Next

Return to First Time Turkeys