Harlan County

Bigmarv

Harlan County

Postby Bigmarv » May 9th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Harlan County Kentucky here. Anybody else have a tough KY season like I did. Just glad i've had a good past week in Virginia, thanks to my buddy. 2 days 2 kills. #1 - 19lbs., 10 1/4" beard, 3/4" spurs. #2 - 20lbs., 10" beard, 1 1/8" spurs.
Bigmarv

allaboutshooting

RE: Harlan County

Postby allaboutshooting » May 10th, 2008, 8:23 am

Hey Marvin,

Sorry to hear about your tough season in Harlan County. The season in Hardin and Larue Counties was good with lots of birds. I've also seen a lot of pictures of birds shot in the LBL area.

I'm glad that your VA hunt went well, 2 days and 2 birds sounds about as good as it gets.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

MAKEemQUIVER

Postby MAKEemQUIVER » May 16th, 2008, 2:08 pm

I killed two birds this year but i heard less gobbling this year than i have in the past several years. But i have talked to alot of people that didn't have a very good year. But congratulations on your out of state birds, sounds like you were in plenty of birds.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » June 1st, 2008, 10:58 am

Good goin fellas, some real nice birds ya got there. This was my first year in Ky. and I had three days in the Bowling Green area and killed a nice 3yr. old tom on opening morning. Mediocre gobbling and bad weather,but thats what memories are made of. Hope to make it back next spring
                    GOOD LUCK,GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE
                              L.K.Leslie

mossbergboy

Postby mossbergboy » April 21st, 2009, 3:18 pm

thats a good bird dude good luck the rest of the season!!!!

ridgerunner

Postby ridgerunner » May 5th, 2009, 12:53 pm

As an old Harlan County boy I know what you are going through. Bird leaves roost fly across hollow game over. Here in Whitley have had real good year. Tagged out the first few days, wife tagged out today. Took a youth hunter on his first hunt , he tagged a great bird! Good luck and just stay the course, and congratulations on a great Virginia year

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » May 5th, 2009, 1:39 pm

ATA Boy BigMarv!!!!! feels good, huh?
active NWTF member
hardwater/softwater pole holder
horn hunter
NRA member

Stringbender

Postby Stringbender » May 24th, 2009, 9:45 pm

To  kill  a  bird  in  eastern  KY  in  the  steep  hills  and  hollows  you  are  didicated  to  turkey  hunting  for  sure.  I  was  born  and  raised  in  Floyd  Co.  KY  and  never  gave  turkey  hunting  a  thought  until  I  moved  in  2003  here  to  Ohio  Co.  in  the  western  part  of  KY  zone  2.

Return to Kentucky